Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone recommend independent SaLT please?

(11 Posts)
BialystockandBloom Sat 09-Jul-11 15:01:40

Can anyone recommend a good, independent SaLT please? This is for our appeal against ds's woeful statement.

Ds has ASD. We do ABA so ideally want a pro-ABA SaLT, or at the very least one who is an expert in language disorder/language in ASD children rather than speech delay in NT children iyswim.

In the London area.

Or is there a site listing them anywhere?

TIA.

moondog Sat 09-Jul-11 19:16:56

Bialy, I wish there was as I am trying to locate them being an s/lt who bases all my work on the principles of ABA. I am hoping to collate this information later this year.
I don't work privately though.

It might be useful to contact the ABA schools (Treehouse, Rainbow, Jigsaw) and ask them.

Starchart Sat 09-Jul-11 22:33:10

Baily I know one. She's not pro-ABA especially but she is sensible and knows her stuff and whilst doesn't see it her place to make ABA recommendations will support any sensible-looking alternative to a dodgy LA provision. She's extremely tribunal savy and has lots of ASD experience professionally and personally.

Her NOT being especially pro-ABA comes across well at tribunal and if you press her her reasons are more to do with the unregulated provision in this country rather than ABA in itself. She has seen dodgy models as well as good iyswim.

PM and I'll try and dig her details up. She's not in the London area but she does travel. She was our best tribunal witness.

Wordswell Sun 10-Jul-11 14:46:37

www.helpwithtalking.com is the website for the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice. You need to do an advanced search for your postcode, medico-legal, child's diagnosis and age.

Wordswell Sun 10-Jul-11 14:47:32

You may also find this forthcoming conference helpful www.towardsapositivefuture.wordpress.com

Pagwatch Sun 10-Jul-11 14:52:04

Christopher place in Euston.

Bloody marvellous people.

BialystockandBloom Sun 10-Jul-11 15:01:41

Thanks v much everyone. Star, will PM you.

pag is Christopher Place a person or an organisation?

Pagwatch Sun 10-Jul-11 15:05:47

It is an organization -just google it. My iPad is refusing to do links for me.
Ds2 went there for a while - got loads of help and it was they who started me off getting him a decent diagnosis

Nigel1 Sun 10-Jul-11 16:05:05

London Childrens Practice.

rainbow10 Mon 11-Jul-11 19:31:08

Bialy have a look at www.helpwithtalking.com/ which is the site for Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice.

HTH

merlincat Mon 11-Jul-11 19:52:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now