Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

should I withdraw appeal

(9 Posts)
hannahsmummsy Fri 08-Jul-11 17:55:19

my daughter was turned down for stat assesment , I appealed because school not meeting her needs . Have met with lovley new senco and ed psyc , and disscused IEP and medical care plan for sep. my dd going to be in final year they are even going to work closley on collage transition. should i withdraw appeal in dec , or keep it in place untill plan is definatley working ( I have asd myself , dont think i could cope with stress of appeal), but think in would be good to wait to withdraw it when sure needs met. ps my DD has deteriorated to the point we had CHAMS crisis team out after she had suicidal melt down.

PipinJo Fri 08-Jul-11 18:05:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hannahsmummsy Fri 08-Jul-11 18:12:22

yep your right , I think I will wait untill she has Iep and care plan and give it untill nov to see if its working

intothewest Fri 08-Jul-11 18:14:55

HANNAH,although it can be really stressful,I wouldn't withdraw the appeal, at least until you can see how things are working out and as PIPIN says ,get agreements written down- Sorry you are having such a difficult time

PipinJo Fri 08-Jul-11 18:15:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hannahsmummsy Fri 08-Jul-11 18:19:08

thanks my girl is lovley and she keeps me going , I just want the very best chance for her final year at school . the new Senco has aready worked with dd in another role and seems comited in getting thing right .Its amazing how a stat ass request can get things done even if you r turned down.

Chrissssie Fri 08-Jul-11 18:31:28

Instead of withdrawing, as you would be reducing your leverage with the LEA, I would recommend you "postpone" the appeal.

hannahsmummsy Fri 08-Jul-11 18:32:23

How do you do that ?? xxx

Chrissssie Sun 10-Jul-11 14:38:53

You write to send in darlington and advise them of the situation and request the appeal be postponed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now