Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Proud mum moment re SATS

(13 Posts)
EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 08-Jul-11 16:56:53

Please feel free to tell me I'm if this isn't the right place to put this, but I'm so delighted and proud of my DS2. I've just had his Y6 SATs results and he managed to get level 4 for English and level 5 for Maths. He has ASD (DXed at 3.6) and 20 hours on his statement. He was non verbal at 3.6 and is definitely noticeably autistic. (Think flapping and spinning.) I know Y6 SATs aren't exactly important, more for the school's benefit than his etc, but I can't help being really pleased. Trouble is, apart from my DH there's no-one to share this with except you lot! No-one else at school has SEN, so if my DS has done better it wouldn't be very kind to say so, if his results are worse, that's just what they'd expect. My RL friend's with DC with SEN are all the same age but with very varying abilities, so again, I wouldn't want to 'show off.' But here I am, not even stealth boasting. grin

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 08-Jul-11 17:00:02

oh well done to your ds, that's fab news smile

still waiting on results here. I was trying to work out why we had the halloween smilies [doh]

IndigoBell Fri 08-Jul-11 17:02:35

Well done grin

You def deserve to boast. Those are very good scores - for an NT kid!

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Fri 08-Jul-11 17:02:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 08-Jul-11 17:05:30

Thanks, Ninja. Wasn't expecting them today, so a nice surprise. He's totally unbothered! I know that they don't matter, no employer is going to be asking about Y6 SATs! It's just that I feel like sticking them in the faces of some of the pitying mums at school! I am a bad person!

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 08-Jul-11 17:07:24

Thank you all. I knew you wouldn't mind. wink

IndigoBell Fri 08-Jul-11 17:21:13

Hopefully he'll be 'set' next year at secondary school and it will be obvious to all the other mums what a clever wee cookie he is grin

PrincessTamTam Fri 08-Jul-11 17:21:49

I know those pitying mums! Well done him and how lovely for you. I nearly cried at my (now 15yr old) DS2s SATs results as he'd struggled with language disorders all through primary. He's now doing so well at secondary that I cry nearly every parents' eve cos it's so 'normal'. Please take a look into Listening Therapy - www.thelisteningcentre.co.uk or just google it... I have to say it's what turned him around, completely. You are not a bad person - have a celebration drink and sod the pitying mums! Good luck.

PrincessTamTam Fri 08-Jul-11 17:23:47

Sorry - wrong address! its actually: www.listeningcentre.co.uk...

signandsmile Fri 08-Jul-11 17:24:39

well done to your ds, we are celebrating with you! enjoy! grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 08-Jul-11 17:46:00

I am thrilled, justa! I'm justifying this thread to myself as a 'hopeful' thread for others, but it's just plain boasting!

I'm out (again) tonight with my friends from when DS2 was in special school, so I'll have to keep it zipped, but will be secretly celebrating, sign!

Indigo, only 3 of his class are going with him to secondary, but I'm not counting my chickens about how he'll get on there. It's such a different experience to primary school. I hope he'll thrive on it, but I'm trying to be realistic. I'm sure there will be problems, just hoping they'll be minor ones!

I'll take a look at your link later, Princess, thanks!

merlincat Fri 08-Jul-11 19:22:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 08-Jul-11 19:34:58

Ooh, thanks, merlincat. I'll have a gin and tonic, please. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now