Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I'm so pleased and want to share some good news........UPDATE

(5 Posts)
cwtch4967 Fri 08-Jul-11 16:14:48

Yesterday I was over the moon that DS would be going to SS full time when I was expecting the minimum of part time. Today I have been told someone will be contacting me regarding school transport - I'm gobsmaked!!! We live 3/4 mile from the school and it hadn't occurred to me that ds would qualify for transport because we are so close.

drivemecrazy63 Fri 08-Jul-11 16:24:04

im about a mile and half from my son's SS and was also offered , he doesnt like the noisy other pupils on the bus though so i still take him , but it was odd/ lovely to have the offer, they seemed surprised when i told them no thank you and they rang again a couple days later to check if i was sure , its a godsend to many im sure smile

drivemecrazy63 Fri 08-Jul-11 16:25:18

oh sorry forgot to say again hope he loves it at the new school , im sure he will. is he going over the next couple of weeks for a visit or two?

cwtch4967 Fri 08-Jul-11 16:47:51

New class teacher will be going into nursery next week to observe him there (schools are very close) and I'm going to meet the head on Tuesday, we will arrange some visits then for ds. He has visited the school before and loved it (lots of flapping). A little boy we know from some special nursery sessions we used to attend is also starting at the school in September.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 08-Jul-11 17:00:33

Do you have other DC, cwtch? It can be really hard to be picking up in two schools at once, even if only a mile apart. Take it if you need it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now