Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Butlins in the news

(7 Posts)
AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 07-Jul-11 15:26:25

www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-2012142/Butlins-ban-adults-learning-disabilities-intimidating-young-children.html

angelPeacock Thu 07-Jul-11 21:22:22

I saw this earlier today, Where i can kind of understand their stance, its TOTALLY wrong. very sad for the members of the group and their carers! sad angry

brandy77 Thu 07-Jul-11 21:36:56

discrimination! i take my 6 year old to our local pool during the day as hes not in school at present, there are always large groups of disabled adults in there with the carers. Some of them are very noisy, but so what, ive told my son they are lovely people and enjoying their swim and he waves and says hello to them...even though he may not get a reply smile its not the kids that are bothered, its the parents that are bothered!!

signandsmile Fri 08-Jul-11 06:57:34

ARGHHH!!!!! angry angry angry. Bollocks!

(bit cross at this, blush). It is complete rubbish. The idea that Butlins think that toddlers will be frightened by groups of 'adults'. how many toddlers will look at the mass of adults they spend their lives surrounded by and work out if they are a group and thus scary or lots of individual randomn adults and thus ok???? Of course this is about groups of people with learning disabilities, not 'adults'.

Are they evaluating the number of adults who will get drunk and swear and be loud and agressive and properly scary???? No!

we go to the minehead one, and its great to see so many people with learning disabilites there, it's great for ds to see adults with disabilities too.

PipinJo Fri 08-Jul-11 18:13:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hannahsmummsy Fri 08-Jul-11 18:40:15

shocking !!! is this really true ??

TheCrunchyside Fri 08-Jul-11 23:05:41

OMG so many of the comments underneath the are truly depressing in their ignorance and bigotry.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: