Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Agnes!

(14 Posts)
Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 13:05:46

Sorry, but your local council are idiots!

Can you answer a question please? On the SENDIST site do the names of the parents appear in the decision information. I mean can you see who 'won' provision?

AND, can you see the total figure of how many 'won' a particular type of provision?

I'm about to put in a complaint to your council for being stupid!

Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 13:07:54

Sorry for doing this here. I did try to PM you but the PM thingy doesn't appear to be working atm.

Agnesdipesto Thu 07-Jul-11 20:12:10

As far as I know the decisions on SENDIST site are anonymised and its quite out of date last time i looked it didn't seem to have much that was recent on it

I don't think you can see what you won on the statistics only how many were won, conceded etc

If you need my email I'll email it to you as I still have yours if that wasn't what you were after

Yes, I know they are idiots, malicious idiots but still idiots.

TheTimeTravellersWife Thu 07-Jul-11 21:11:16

Annoyingly, the decisions stop at 2006; I have no idea why, and this seems at odds with the Government's "Open Government" and "transparency" agenda.
The decisions are anonymised.

www.sendist.gov.uk/Public/search_decisions.aspx

Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 21:34:15

Hi, thanks. I have your email, but right at that time I was on a device that couldn't email either hmm grin

Thanks TTTW. Do you think this information from SENDIST 'could' be got hold of? Or is there some legal reason why not atm.

I am having a huge amount of feedback from parents going to tribunal. Everyone seems to be losing at the moment and parents are given a horrible time by the panels. I don't know whether this is a trend or not but have panels become sympathisers with LA's.

I'm in a tribunal situation again and my stress levels have gone through the roof and I have disengaged with my children and my family. I recognise this from last time so know exactly the cause.

TheTimeTravellersWife Thu 07-Jul-11 21:46:25

TBH Star, I don't know why it isn't available, and as I said, it seems to go against the grain of the Government's "Open Government" agenda. It would be very useful to have up to date decisions.
I have also heard, anecdotally, that Tribunal's are getting harder to win and it is difficult not to conclude that there must be some correlation between this and the public spending cuts...

Agnesdipesto Thu 07-Jul-11 21:47:06

If there has been a shift its probably political and based on there being less money.
But as your case is not as I understand it a money case, then that shouldn't be an issue
I don't think you can read much into my tribunal decision - the LA made lots of very fatal mistakes I dont want to flag up as it would make it harder for the next parent if they realised what they were. Its already harder as they have made their provision slightly better than it was (on paper at least) since our tribunal, so a higher bar to clear.

silverfrog Thu 07-Jul-11 21:49:23

What you say is interesting, Star. I am probably facing a tribunal situation again soon, and the odds are not looking good.

I spoke to SOS!SEN the other day (never knew before that they didn't take on ABA cases), and they said that the situation had worsened recently (ie the last 18 months or so). Apparently my LA are being particular sods. Oh joy.

Would be interesting to have some up to date info, feel really out of the loop.

Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 21:53:08

I thought MY LA made fatal mistakes, like, er, not having any evidence........ grin

No, mine isn't about money this time. I'm stressed but have some hope that we can win it. Some of the tactics we need to use are stressing out my dh and provision 'up in the air' in the meantime is just awful.

But I'm just bloody angry about the stories I have been reading on here and in RL about parents being humiliated in the tribunal and what LA's are getting away with.

And more and more LA's are buying in legal services from outside. Why are they doing this when there are spending cuts? Okay I know why. They are doing it because they are defending the pot from which their salaries are paid.

Agnesdipesto Thu 07-Jul-11 21:55:05

Have emailed you some google sites stuff
We have a website!
Basic but a start.

Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 21:55:42

Yes, I hit that one with SOSSEN. It's a shame, but I think it is one of the key people doesn't 'agree' with it or at least doesn't have up to date experience of what it is or can be.

I still hugely respect that charity though. They have the bite that the others do not, and they have got me some brilliant free advice through their legal 'friends'.

Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 22:02:07

Ooooh, a website! I can't get in atm though.

appropriatelytrained Thu 07-Jul-11 22:23:57

Interesting thread. It may explain the cocky little tossers in the LA that I am dealing with - perhaps they've won a few over the last few months.

It seems to me that LAs really are a law unto themselves if Tribunals are letting them get away with murder too as the LGO doesn't want to touch them either.

I recently DPA'd for the LGO file in my complaint (which was provisionally rejected) and there is an email from the LGO investigator to the LA saying (words to the effect of) 'I'm not planning a proper investigation here, just tell me the provision is in place or I'll have to make this formal'

Really shocking. Complaint about provision - no questions about why it isn't in place, just questions which suggest their attitude is 'come on get it in place so I can get rid of this woman'. LA sent a timetable and that was that even though I was, at the same time, forwarding info from school etc to confirm what was being asserted was not true in fact.

Sorry, I know that is off topic but if the LGO is like this, and Tribunals let them get away with it too, there is a massive accountability gap.

Agnesdipesto Thu 07-Jul-11 22:27:44

Sorry hadn't realised DH had to set you up on it
He may email you shortly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now