Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

car stickers for harnesses ... help please

(10 Posts)
spiritsam Thu 07-Jul-11 12:19:47

Am about to pay for my DD's Crelling harness and have just ordered the seatbelt cutter too . Does anyone know if it's possible to get car stickers made with in case of emergency use seatbelt cutter in glove box or something like that please ?

starfishmummy Thu 07-Jul-11 12:59:48

Could you print something out on paper and get a local copy shop to laminate it for you? maybe several on one a4 sheet and then cut them to size. Then you could use sticky velcro dots or something similar to attach them to the car.

silverfrog Thu 07-Jul-11 13:34:22

ooh, hang on - have just got a load of ID stuff for dd1, from here

for various reasons we thought it a good idea if her info was on her at all times, so she now has a wristband etc with important info (regarding her autism as well as name and contact numbers), but they also have seatbelt ID straps - has a bit of paper inside you can write allsorts on - medical info, allergies, as well as the infor you want. fits over the seatbelt like chest pads on the baby seats have padded bits on - fits well, and gives a heads up for info purposes.

spiritsam Thu 07-Jul-11 14:16:51

Thank you both that's some idea will look into them x

Tiggles Thu 07-Jul-11 16:53:07

Whilst searching for 'design own badges' on ebay it came up with these...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAR-STICKER-BADGE-KEYRING-MAGNET-YOUR-OWN-DESIGN-/280384783216?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41483c4370
imagine if you search for design own car stickers there will be more choice.

Tiggles Thu 07-Jul-11 16:53:40

hmm try that link again
here

AllieZ Thu 07-Jul-11 17:07:14

You can buy printable transparent film in WHSmith, sometimes also in Wilkinsons, on which you can print whatever you want and then stick it anywhere in the car. You can also buy sheets of labels and print your own stickers.

keepingupwiththejoneses Thu 07-Jul-11 17:50:27

Silverfrog that seatbelt thing is great, I have just ordered 2 for my boys.

bigbluebus Thu 07-Jul-11 19:39:19

I had a personalised car sticker printed for my DD at a local print shop. It cost £15 but was fairly large as I wanted it to be readable at a distance. For the purpose you are describing you probably want something smaller that you could put in side window next to where your DD sits. We composed the wording for our sticker and specified size and colour & they printed it in a couple of days as a window sticker. It's been in rear windscreen for nearly 3 years now and hasn't faded.

spiritsam Fri 08-Jul-11 07:18:57

Thanks so much everyone , i may try the Ebay one first . You would think something like this would be made properly x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now