Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Childcare access fund and 1-1 care?

(4 Posts)
youngwomanwholivesinashoe Wed 06-Jul-11 18:52:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Agnesdipesto Wed 06-Jul-11 21:09:41

Yes my son had a 1:1. The nursery was a chain so they were able to free up a member of staff to work just with him. However as a private nursery if they get the decision next week they will have lots of time to employ someone by Sept - its not like school nurseries where they shut down for the summer.

Our nursery actually reallocated the keyworker just to DS.

The most important thing is to get someone who wants to work 1:1 with a child with ASD. If a staff member feels forced into it thats not good, as its very different and more isolating than working with the other children

tiredoffightingwithjelly Wed 06-Jul-11 21:16:34

We had a horrendous experience with a pre-school, they did not provide the 1 2 1 support we thought had been agreed. I would say get everything in writing and if you have questions get them answered in writing. Our son ended up in hospital after an accident in the playground, I believe this wouldn't have happened with adequate supervision.

Our LA make accessing funding that was agreed so difficult that this caused the problem.

youngwomanwholivesinashoe Wed 06-Jul-11 21:48:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: