Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

AIT

(8 Posts)
smileANDwave2000 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:03:35

well ds did his 10 day course and so far ive not noticed any difference in fact if anything hes had two of the biggest meltdowns ever but ive heard the changes are not always instantanious he said things sounded quieter so i guess thats good hopefully he may be able to concentrate in class a bit better but so far they have said they have not noticed a difference yet either , what should i expect?

blueShark Wed 06-Jul-11 10:10:28

we had it done over 6 months ago and still seeing some benefits as the time passes by, they say ca take up to 9 months to see best results.

Dont forget his hearing profile has been adjusted as well as senses rebalanced in the brain and its not an easy thing to cope with. Glad his hearing sensitivity has improved, thats the first thing we noticed too, before DS was sensory seeking to laud noise, being from slamming doors, hitting something, banging utensils in plates anything. All stopped half way through the AIT.

IndigoBell Wed 06-Jul-11 10:19:58

His stress levels should be lowered in school - but of course you can't observe that and school may or may not notice.

And - he may be in bad habits at school, so that even when his stress level is lowered he still behaves in the same way....

If he has any problems with learning to read, he should also now find it easier to learn to read.

blueShark Wed 06-Jul-11 11:19:56

and he should be able to process more information he hears, so from 1 step instruction should jump to 2 or 3, depending where he is at present.

Al1son Wed 06-Jul-11 12:08:48

Can someone tell me what AIT is please?

IndigoBell Wed 06-Jul-11 12:16:46

Auditory Integration Training

smileANDwave2000 Wed 06-Jul-11 12:56:46

oh thanks guys that makes me feel much better as they rang and asked me had i noticed any differences and i was worried as i had not really but then again i think the school should be the ones who really notice those changes first im hoping especially with the concentration levels ill test him out (stealth like ) grin later with the instructions and see how he goes

IndigoBell Wed 06-Jul-11 13:23:56

Also his memory might have improved.

DDs memory and processing speed improved dramatically. And for the first time she was actually able to learn to read. School put that all down to their excellent reading tuition and didn't notice any improvements from AIT. grin

DS went from walking out of class 5 times a day, to walking out of class once a week. Still school didn't notice any improvements. grin

So it is possible your DS has made huge and dramatic improvements and school haven't noticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now