Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Moondog - working - help!!

(12 Posts)
appropriatelytrained Wed 06-Jul-11 07:28:34

Ok, I have done my letter asking about my son's programme, how they intend to measure progress etc etc

Email back - we are too busy for this sort of thing and don't intend to answer any more questions. Go to the ombudsman!

working9while5 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:58:53

!!!!

I don't know what to say! I guess you have to go to the ombudsman???? Is that the exact wording?

Really? Speechless. I am open mouthed.

Have you spoken to your MP and/or local councillor? One of our students was really struggling with funding for an AAC device and the local councillor was brilliant at applying pressure and got us resolution.

What did you say? Why can't they provide this information?

working9while5 Wed 06-Jul-11 09:59:20

Sorry.. was this from SALT?

Have you tried PALs? Written to the Chief Exec?

working9while5 Wed 06-Jul-11 10:02:50

Obviously SAVE this email. Can you forward it to people higher up the chain, too?

zzzzz Wed 06-Jul-11 10:04:11

shock

appropriatelytrained Wed 06-Jul-11 10:04:24

This is the wording from the head of service:

"The SLT service manages many complex and varied cases. The SLTs work with schools and families to support the children on their caseloads. The SLTs re-evaluate the child’s case when visiting the schools and parents are invited by school to attend. I suggest that in future this is the forum for your crap S&LT and you discuss DS's case, as the service does in all other cases. The volume and complexity of emails that crap S&LT has received regarding DS has substantially affected the service she is able to deliver to other children on her caseload. I suggest that in future one point of contact would be appropriate and that you send your correspondence to me.

Any further questions related to your previous concerns should be directed to the ombudsman as we have now exhausted local resolution".

So she writes to me and says school have had targets since November and I produce and email from school in January saying 'we've still not had targets' and she won't answer!!

Also, the point about stressing out the S&LT is utter, utter crap. I can't tell you how much crap it is. In fact, I've been writing to this woman as head of service to save the S&LT the stress as she can't answer these questions in meeting and she agreed they should go to the head of service.

It's all part of the vexatious shit from the LA and school trying it on yesterday with a meeting with chair of governors.

What a bunch of pathetic lying bullies - it's all about the kids though?

You complain - they'll lie - together!

Starchart Wed 06-Jul-11 12:50:13

TAC = Team Against the Child.

Is there any way you can show the tribunal that getting this information is worthy of their direction/ I.e central to your case ?

appropriatelytrained Wed 06-Jul-11 13:20:04

My kids are out of that bloody school which is the main thing!!! I think the services going in there have got very obstinate about increasing their involvement because the school is crap and should be doing it themselves and we have been in the middle of this.

tiredoffightingwithjelly Wed 06-Jul-11 18:23:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Agnesdipesto Wed 06-Jul-11 23:16:45

So your relationship with SALT has completely broken down and Tribunal now have no alternative but to order that LA secure SALT in the private sector wink

Starchart Thu 07-Jul-11 09:10:33

Well after my first TAC I told my mum that I felt it was just an opportunity for all the agencies to gang up on me in a coordinated way.

I first thought the Team Around the Child was a perfect term as it meant Team trying to get around supporting the child, but there you go.

appropriatelytrained Thu 07-Jul-11 09:27:51

I think this is why they don't like it when you have contact with them all individually as one will say one thing and the other service disagrees and then you are vexatious!

Interestingly, S&LT's line is now: we've rung school, we've asked if they need help, head says 'everyone is competent' and they have our number if they get stuck etc

So head is a lying cow (she'd not even sent TA on training) and S&LT know this but it's tough on the child in the middle as no one wants to get involved.

Haven't S&LT got a responsibility to ensure their programme is being delivered appropriately? I've now got a a letter from them which I'd love to share with one of you S&LTs!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now