Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

possible AS and new school!

(7 Posts)
CherryMonster Tue 05-Jul-11 20:34:39

ok, so you might know the issues i have with dd1. today i went to look at the special school that i have been thinking about sending her to in september. it was fabulous, and i think it will be perfect for her. i was talking to the lady who would most likely be her class teachers, told her all about dd1 and her first words were "have you ever thought that she might have aspergers?" to be honest, i have been suspecting it for a few months, and this teacher has over 20 years experience of dealing with children with AS, and to pick it up that quickly i am quite surprised. so anyways, dd1's case goes before SEN casework tomorrow, and i have the number to ring them at 2pm to find out they will allow her to go to that school so fingers crossed please guys x

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 05-Jul-11 20:59:34

Everything crossed for you, CherryMonster. I'm glad the school looks great, I remember discussing it last week. It sounds like they'll know what they're doing with your DD, whatever DX she ends up with! smile

CherryMonster Tue 05-Jul-11 21:07:24

well i am just so pleased that i loved the school, and the AS suggestion topped it off as i know how reluctant people are to dx AS in girls, the school has medical experts attached to it, so am likely to get the official dx a damn sight quicker than i would waiting for the bleeding NHS.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 06-Jul-11 15:00:29

Any news?

CherryMonster Wed 06-Jul-11 23:34:45

yes!!!! the SEN casework team has approved the referral to the special school, am just waiting on the school receiving the paperwork and giving a definite yes now!!!! very pleased as you can probably tell grin smile grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 06-Jul-11 23:36:52

Brilliant! grin Yes, I can tell that you are pleased!

CherryMonster Wed 06-Jul-11 23:50:46

just a little bit grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now