Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Advice / tips re swim nappies

(3 Posts)
cwtch4967 Tue 05-Jul-11 13:43:54

DS is 4 with ASD and learning difficulties, he is still in nappies and his bowels are often explosive! Went swimming this morning (he loves it) and he filled his swim nappy. I always put a disposable swim nappy on under his neoprene happy nappy - the contents were contained but it was not easy getting him clean and changed!! Anyone got any tips??

growlybear Tue 05-Jul-11 13:54:36

Have this problem too my dd is 12 and has retts.All i tend to do is taken old muslin squares with me as they are bigger than wipes to start the job of cleaning.Then i can just chuck at the end.Also always carry carrier bags etc to throw everything in.Sorry not much help really will be interesting to see what others do.

zzzzz Tue 05-Jul-11 14:34:07

I used to do the same as growly but I used old T-shirts and then binned them. I used to get them wet first in the basin.

It is easier to get your hands clean if you put hand cream on before the change as the smell gets washed off with the cream. After swimming changing is always hideous powder helps if he will tolerate it.......crocs for shoes and tracksuit tyoe trousers help, food straight after and water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now