Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dx today !

(13 Posts)
spiritsam Mon 04-Jul-11 20:35:25

Ok DD is 3 years 1 month and dx was GDD at least 1 year behind and SLD 18 months behind . That's it for now may change in future . I still think she has many ASD traits but i think because she is over friendly they are maybe going away from it . Anyway just wanted to share x

ilovesprouts Mon 04-Jul-11 20:38:03

my son has gdd but they said thats not the dx its just a term they use for being behind i think i may be wrong tho we have had lots of tests blood genes etc been going on since he was 9m

Calally Mon 04-Jul-11 20:39:23

ds is 5.5, has sld, bout 2 years behind. he has many asd traits, paed will diagnose through clinics at school. paed fairly sure he is autistic. but ds is very over friendly, will talk to anyone especially adults. when ds 1st saw paed he was about 3, and they thought then he was autistic, but said they would leave it awhile, as he'd made some progress, and would review him again when he was about 6

spiritsam Mon 04-Jul-11 20:41:11

Yes DD is going to have blood tests too , my understanding is GDD is delay across the whole development but she was on track sitting , standing starting to walk e.t.c. It also can be used from what i have been told as a work in progress dx or if they are not sure x

ilovesprouts Mon 04-Jul-11 20:41:51

my son is non verbal too im sure hes got autisem too

spiritsam Mon 04-Jul-11 20:42:42

Thanks Calally , who knows what will come up in the future hey ? Hope your ds is getting the help he needs x

spiritsam Mon 04-Jul-11 20:45:00

ilovesprouts i think mum's know their child best , although i guess to some professionals they need to think a child fits in a certain kind of box !

Calally Mon 04-Jul-11 20:46:39

he is, his social worker and school have been great. not that fussed on his new paed, but hey cant complain. hopefully he'll get a diagnosis soon. ds also had lots of blood tests, fragile x chromsomes all of which came back negative, also had mri, which was clear. hope you get a specific diagnosis, and all the help you need x

spiritsam Mon 04-Jul-11 20:52:43

Thank you x

ilovesprouts Wed 06-Jul-11 19:03:26

calally my son has had all that done too we are now on the list for cgh array also new ddd test spiritsam i know that im going on what ive been told by my pead they may never find out why the have gdd ,4 years ive been going through this hope fully us mums may get some answers

spiritsam Wed 06-Jul-11 20:48:26

I hope so too , my DS has to have the bloods done too . Her paed said she may get to 5-6 and get dx of adhd or learning disabled x

drivemecrazy63 Thu 07-Jul-11 14:04:34

my ds is chatty overly so and sometimes makes eye contact (hes moderate ASD and dyspraxic) but he only seems to make eye contact when its a conversation hes instigated about something hes interested in , the rest of the time he has no eye contact.
they all told me (money saving i believe) that other dcs are worse that hes not THAT bad he will catch up and didnt get his dx till late because i knew nothing of the system or ASD to be honest i was thinking id been told im a bad mum for so long it must be true angry ive two other NT dcs in secondary doing brilliantly so how could this be, but put down long enough you do start to lack belief in yourself and abilities.
If you also believe your ds is ASD keep badgering them to do something as its hard to catch up when so far behind and they can regress,the sooner they get help the better, my ds was hitting the milestones till 2yo then we noticed things were not right bit by bit.

utah Thu 07-Jul-11 14:28:29

I find the medical prof bizare in the respect they all sing from different song sheets, my son is dx (at 3) with autism, sld and gdd. He is friendly will hug anyone, has no sensory issues (maybe hypo) and copes well with change. I was not really expecting a DX but my paed said my son had all the triad of impairement and was autistic. the same paed has not dx some of my friends children because they do not show all the traits of autism even though some of the children are more classic autism than my son. TBH i thought the dx would open the door to help it has not changed a thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now