Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Not sure about this.....

(9 Posts)
lottiejenkins Mon 04-Jul-11 18:15:20

they have posted on the Every Disabled Child Matters site
They want tragic or heartwarming stories. Not quite sure what to make of them or whether that is the right place to advertise themselves....

unpa1dcar3r Mon 04-Jul-11 18:24:59

It's basically to strenthen their cases against the govt Lottie. That's normally what they're for anyway.

We don't have ECDM here, I'd make the most of the opportunity. You don't have to give details like names etc.

unpa1dcar3r Mon 04-Jul-11 18:25:24

Oops sorry I meant EDCM!

lottiejenkins Mon 04-Jul-11 18:27:25

Dont think so........ Its a trashy journalist wanting people to sell him stories about their children. He is advertising on the EDCM site ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hmm

unpa1dcar3r Mon 04-Jul-11 21:12:57

Why is he doing it Lottie, does it say?

I can't see the EDCM validating it if it's not genuine...confused if they are then it is highly unethical of them.
Must admit I've not checked the link, just see sometimes on FB they also do similar things.

unpa1dcar3r Mon 04-Jul-11 21:15:48

Ooh just checked link...all a bit odd. Maybe they've infiltrated the EDCM and other pages like it just randomly.

Ooh might make up a story for 'em; like I used to be a hairy swamp lady from the himalayers...get a few bob!!! grin

lottiejenkins Mon 04-Jul-11 22:52:55

I reported the link as spam!!

lottiejenkins Mon 04-Jul-11 23:19:07

They have removed it! smile

lisad123 Mon 04-Jul-11 23:42:45

I could sell the story of my naff life with two girls with autism, dh with cancer and me with a heart condition. sad sadly I'm coping too well and vet bugger all help from SS and my one support network of my parents was lost over Easter after mum had a massive stroke sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now