Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Back from holiday

(8 Posts)
asdx2 Sun 03-Jul-11 12:28:28

Thank God!Ds has been a complete PITA tbh morose, uncooperative,deliberately obstructive, bad tempered and generally foul.
What is worse he has hacked into my forums, read stuff I wouldn't want him to know, am embarrassed that he knows blush and now has a loaded gun at my head should he repeat some of the things I have posted when letting off steam angry
I am furious with him and myself really, can't believe he'd have the knowledge or the incentive to do it or the insight to guess my passwords (more than one) and usernames.
I've changed usernames and passwords and had stuff removed elsewhere and wiped his laptop and removed his internet access whilst I did it but know that if he has done it once he'll do it again sad and worried that he'll use his skills elsewhere and get in serious trouble because my anger and warnings won't stop him if he feels compelled.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 03-Jul-11 13:04:50

Oh my God, asdx2, that's a bit of a warning for us all. My DS is only 11 but very computer literate and often looking over my shoulder when I MN. My password tends to be pretty much the same for everything so I don't forget it! Aaaargh.

<Off to change passwords>

Apart from PITA boy, how was your holiday?

asdx2 Sun 03-Jul-11 13:24:33

Well the weather was good but didn't venture far from the cottage because when ds is in "that" frame it's difficult out and about and the size he is now makes me wary that I could contain him if he did start to meltdown.

As for the passwords I had two or three but not obviously obvious so to speak, now I have ridiculous ones but the damage is done somewhat and I'm on tenterhooks as to when or if he reveals what he read especially as he has a photographic memory and will quote me verbatim.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 03-Jul-11 13:30:06

So sorry, sounds like you could do with a holiday to recover from the holiday! Will we lose you from here as asdx2?

asdx2 Sun 03-Jul-11 14:35:41

He hasn't got this one yet and now I have a ridiculous password to boot but think I will end up being a serial namechanger eventually sad

scartette Sun 03-Jul-11 16:45:36

God,this is real warning for me too. My ds is 11 also and very computer savvy-had never even crossed my mind! But will have to bear it in mind in future especially as teenage years approach. You poor thing asdx2, what a horrible thing to happen on holiday. If its any consolation, I'm always the same when we get back from holiday- much as I look forward to going I always heave a great big sigh of relief when I get back. Dont know why, even though we always have a good time etc. I think you'll be ok tbh now its happened- you'll just remain on constant alert but you'll get used to it.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Sun 03-Jul-11 16:58:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 03-Jul-11 17:12:25

We'll have to agree some sort of code word so we know it's you! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now