Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Why is he humming all the time, even when on his own?

(10 Posts)
Starchart Fri 01-Jul-11 18:04:57

Was the question written in the home-school book by ds' TA who incidently was supported for the full session by Autism Outreach.

They've had him for a year and this outreach person has been going in weekly for that year.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Fri 01-Jul-11 18:10:34

you have my sympathies, dd3s school have had her for 2 years and still can't make resources that are A5 or bigger, they keep sending home things a fraction of that size that she can't see [sigh] 3 more weeks and she's moving on, I'm counting the days.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Fri 01-Jul-11 20:03:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ineedalife Fri 01-Jul-11 20:51:43

It never ceases to amaze me that people working with children with SN's don't go away and do a bit of reading!!

They would learn so much and stop asking f.....g stupid questionsshock.

scartette Fri 01-Jul-11 21:59:18

Words fail me apart from' completely clueless'.
What is the point of that person working with SN children?

TiffanyToothache Fri 01-Jul-11 22:09:46

hmm

What's your reply going to be ..................?

I'd go with justabout's

Starchart Sat 02-Jul-11 07:45:19

You have no words Justabout? Did you put them all in your thesis?

I don't really know what to say tbh. This TA is supposed to have a teenager with ASD.

I don't think I will reply. I can't without being a bit sarcastic or rude.

I'll simply photocopy and submit to tribunal.

TotalChaos Sat 02-Jul-11 09:51:24

tell her to google it ???!! shock

Starchart Sat 02-Jul-11 11:48:04

The thing is though, that this TA is the best TA that I have known with experience of two schools.

I mean, I never thought she was great but she really does try and work hard. Totally misdirected however, and given bollox as guidance. It isn't her fault. I find this in particular SO hard. Why criticise her for such an embarassing and unintentioned mistake? And yet, my ds has made no progress this year with her as his TA.

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Sat 02-Jul-11 11:56:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now