Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ABA people!

(14 Posts)
Starchart Thu 30-Jun-11 19:11:32

Good grief

sickofsocalledexperts Thu 30-Jun-11 19:39:34

Who is this nutjob?? Think even the DofE will see through her!!!!! By the way , Star, do I have to use a special form to submit a FOI request, and is there a fee to pay?

Starchart Thu 30-Jun-11 19:47:43

No fee. Not really a special form but there is a subject heading and then a text body area.

You might want to read the section on personal information. You don't have to put your real name but you sacrafice your right to complain if you don't. There are ways of putting your name that make you less identifiable though.

I've just submitted a few. It will be obvious who I am if you search under an obvious subject.

graciousenid Thu 30-Jun-11 19:48:04

she seems to be a member of Mind Control Victims Around The World shock hmm

Starchart Thu 30-Jun-11 19:48:54

btw, if you get into it and try it out for yourself, I would appreciate one to my authority that says:

'Please can you send me all documents that contain blanket policies with regards to SEN provision'.

Starchart Thu 30-Jun-11 20:45:12

I read that link again and can't make head nor tail of what her point is.

It looks like she has a very serious personality disorder and her ex husband left her and did some ABA with her son.

electra Thu 30-Jun-11 20:54:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Starchart Thu 30-Jun-11 20:59:54

Ah now this makes a bit more sense. Poor woman!

BialystockandBloom Thu 30-Jun-11 21:08:31

Oh dear oh dear oh dear sad

electra that is dreadful, however. I was warned when I started looking into ABA that there were some real cowboys out there - seems to be true.

moondog Thu 30-Jun-11 21:27:45

Dear me indeed.
ABA in its infancy undoubtedly attracted some odd people and, like everything else, probably still does.

There are good, bad and misguided and deluded peopel everywhere.

The hard work happening at present to establish a UK ABA board (simliar to BACB in the States), get behaviour analysis recognised by the Health Professionals Council) and the ABA Competencies Project will all go a long way to regulating the profession and weeding out the charlatans.

The same is true of the concerted effrots of many to embed ABA into state provision so that people don't have to go through the hell of legal battles and/or send their kids to schools costing the tax payer a fortune, when ABA based education and s/lt need cost no more (probably less actually) than current dismal mishmash of provision which is a disgrace.

electra Thu 30-Jun-11 22:17:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

silverfrog Fri 01-Jul-11 09:04:29

I have read that before, and like electra, I have reservations (through personal experience) of someone named within.

nothing as extreme as electra experienced, thankfully, but nonetheless practices which have had long-reaching implications for dd1.

so, I suppose, in a way, she might have a point - difficult to tell without having been in her shoes.

silverfrog Fri 01-Jul-11 09:18:18

d'oh! missed a bit out.

meant ot read "I have read that, and other FOI requests made by her , before..."

Starchart Fri 01-Jul-11 09:20:14

I don't want to go into details here because I think it would be unfair, but if you read more about the poster you'll see that she has been through quite an ordeal, which may or may not be of her own making but it is still a very sad story.

In fact, it is quite unbelievable, - but having been through experiences that others would find unbelievable I would not wish to make that judgement.

I feel a bit sorry that I linked if I'm honest.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: