Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dla , is this right ?

(6 Posts)
droves Thu 30-Jun-11 12:53:00

Today we got the dla review award back .

They have told us dd4 is still to get high rate both parts .

I am shock as i thought as dd4 has improved so much , she would get the lower rate .

Last time she was non verbal ...now she has speach of a two year old .

Last time she couldnt walk far and always used buggy ...now she can walk short distances without much of a problem.

She still gets up at night , but its less frequent and less of a nightmare to get her back in bed.

Should i phone them and tell them they`ve made a mistake ?

droves Thu 30-Jun-11 12:54:17

Oh and this time its a 6 year award ! .i dont think thats right either confused

5inthebed Thu 30-Jun-11 12:55:28

It's right, don't worry about it.

Breathe freely fior the next 6 years smile

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 30-Jun-11 13:21:25

I'd call that good news smile

utah Thu 30-Jun-11 15:37:26

it is not about how you daughter has improved it is about how your daughter is compared to her peers.

unpa1dcar3r Thu 30-Jun-11 18:07:18

I'd think myself very lucky Droves!
Both my boys are incredibly SLD but they've still managed to decrease it for eldest (14) twice. Once when he was young and this time they decreased his mobility and I had to fight it for 8 months, appealing twice and going to tribunal! Which we won hands down but even so...the nightmare of it all made me ill (and I was doing my finals at uni too so not a good time)
I also only ever seem to get it for 2/3 yrs- have to do it all again when eldest is 16 and youngest 15 in about 18 months. I'm dreading it all again esp with bloody Cameron cutting everything like he is.
And they have a genetic condition (fragile x symdrome) so it's not like they're gonna be cured!
If they've given you it for 6 yrs grab it with both hands.

My boys are also very mobile- mobility is not just for those who cannot walk but for anyone who is a danger to themselves or others. And if you're still attending to your daughter 3 times or more per night then that is considered high rate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now