Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Beautiful AS children

(24 Posts)
merlincat Wed 29-Jun-11 19:52:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gotabookaboutit Wed 29-Jun-11 19:55:31

A friend of mine says the same - her Aspies and mine are very hood looking but its hardly a statistically valid statement

merlincat Wed 29-Jun-11 19:57:17

Marne Wed 29-Jun-11 19:59:42

Theres deffenty a look, dd1 looks angelic (like butter wouldn't melt) but that could just be her big brown eyes?, i think both of my dd's are good looking but then again i would because they are mine smile.

Goblinchild Wed 29-Jun-11 20:00:42

<Looks over at hairy, brooding lump slobbed on the sofa...>
Can I answer that when he emerges from his teenage chrysalis?

Actually, there is quite a fine bone structure there, and fabulous eyes. Skin is improving, and he has his father's ability to really concentrate on things that interest him that makes him very intense.
And there was that recent thread on the lusciousness of manly men...
I think he's gorgeous and always have, but I'm not exactly objective. smile

Tiggles Wed 29-Jun-11 20:05:24

DS1 is definitely good looking in my book smile

merlincat Wed 29-Jun-11 20:12:36

pigletmania Wed 29-Jun-11 20:28:02

My dd possible ASD (social communications problems) looks beautiful, and not saying that because I am her mother, she has big brown eyes, long eyelashes, beautiful blond/light brown curly hair, lovely turned up nose, and beautiful red cupid bow lips. When I went for the 20 week scan when i was carrying dd, the lady said that she has lovely features and would be a pretty little girl.

pigletmania Wed 29-Jun-11 20:28:50

oh and she has a lovely peachers and cream complexion

pigletmania Wed 29-Jun-11 20:29:39

When I was dd age I looked awful, odd, gargoyle like, she looks like dh did when he was little.

Lulu1981 Wed 29-Jun-11 20:36:44

My middle daughter has a completely different look to her 2 siblings, DD1 & DD3 are very pretty and look similar, same colourings etc. DD2 whom i suspect to have AS is worryingly beautiful, i know of a couple of little boys (not related to me) with AS and I have to admit they are wonderful looking lads..

CherryMonster Wed 29-Jun-11 20:42:55

dd1 (suspected AS) is certainly a stunner, she is willowy with big green eyes and strawberry blonde hair, she has the lightest of smatterings of freckles. dd2 (NT) on the other hand is plainer apart from the most enormous ice blue eyes with stupidly long lashes, so is a very striking little girl.

moosemama Wed 29-Jun-11 21:01:35

I think my ds1 is gorgeous (but then I would wouldn't I wink). Up until his lack of social skills became obvious once he hit juniors he always had a little girly entourage. grin Actually, there are still a couple of girls who go all silly and doe eyed around him, although they all tower over him these days!

There is a definite, 'look' to all three of my dcs, but ds1 is the most striking. He has high cheekbones, long wavy hair with golden lights and beautiful big green eyes with the longest lashes I've ever seen (although ds2 has the lashes as well and huge bright blue eyes). Right from when he was born people used to comment on how beautiful he was, particularly his eyes.

Mind you, we also had lots of comments that he was 'pretty enough to be a girl' when he was a baby/toddler! grin

Oddly the lad who also has AS, but left our school and went up to secondary last September, looks so much like my ds1 that they could easily be brothers and if he was smaller, they'd probably look like twins! shock

That said, ds looks a bit strange to me just at the moment, as he has no less than four adult teeth coming through at the front, so he's all toothy and gappy.

None of my children look like they are mine. I'm fair skinned with hazel eyes and dark brunette hair and all three of my dcs have very light brown/dark blondish hair, go a beautiful shade of golden in the sun and have either green or bright blue eyes. They are all mini daddies. hmm

I think that's an utterly ridiculous theory. Sorry.
I've worked with children with ASD for many years, my own son is autistic, and while there have been many beautiful children in my care there have easily been as many average- not so great looking ones, and one or two with faces only a mother could love! (but generally awesome in other ways) Children are still a product of their parent's genetic material..!

Maybe there is something of an 'other worldliness' about children with ASDs but their actual physical attractiveness varies as much as it does with any other child.

Not really going to get an unbiased opinion here either grin as hopefully most of us think our own children , ASD or otherwise, are gorgeoussmile

That includes my own, who definitely looks away with the fairies most of the time...

elliejjtiny Thu 30-Jun-11 10:53:35

AS affects a lot of the men in DH's family. Some of them are good looking and some are not. My DS1 is stunning of course grin . I do agree that children with AS (not sure about adults) have that far away look in their eyes that is very attractive.

pramsgalore4 Thu 30-Jun-11 10:54:18

might be because they have little facial expressions, my ds has a natural grin all the time (well when he's not sucking his fingers) and often looks like hes away with the fairys, he is lovely looking but i will say that he's my little baby, his little friend looks the same and he has asd

droves Thu 30-Jun-11 12:16:16

Id agree , dd4 is very beautiful , doll like child .

droves Thu 30-Jun-11 12:24:16

have put her pic on profile if you want to have a look and then tell me shes a cutie grin

iwearflairs Thu 30-Jun-11 12:41:20

Well of course I think my DS (7) is gorgeous: beautiful green eyes and blondish curls. Also dreamy look alternating with intensity when he's onto one of his favourite subjects.

Who's Charlotte Moore? blush

drivemecrazy63 Thu 30-Jun-11 12:56:59

DS i think is good looking totally different looking to his brother and sister who are NT they have totally diff colour eyes and hair , he has a constant tan and the biggest brown eyes so dark you cant see the pupil and the longest eye lashes (grr why do boys have such long eyelashes comp to women) and he has such a beautiful grin that lights up a room when hes in a room you know it like a presence even before you walk in and like someone earlier said a dreamy look high cheekbones and square chin hes going to be a heart stopper wink

tabulahrasa Thu 30-Jun-11 14:11:58

am I the world's worst mother if I say mine aren't drop dead gorgeous? blush

they're averagely attractive, but DS (AS) is just coming out of that awkward teenage growing phase and DD (NT) is just going into it, lol, they were beautiful toddlers though grin

tabulahrasa Thu 30-Jun-11 14:13:35

not that that's what I say to them of course, I just thought I'd better add that, rofl

Yarnie Mon 04-Jul-11 17:47:11

This thread made me laugh!

DS who has a preliminary diagnosis is an enormously cute toddler. In fact, I have had more than one person say "well, at least he's good looking" when I've told them about the diagnosis shock. I know what they mean, but it's hardly as if you go "yes, who cares that he's got a serious pervasive development disorder, so long as he's a looker"(!)

drivemecrazy63 Mon 04-Jul-11 17:50:55

grin @ yarnie I had a new friend say that a few days ago hes good looking though isnt he shock as if that makes up for everything ...like being a blonde bimbo you mean ,haha might say that to the next person

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now