Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Applying for a statement - advice please

(7 Posts)
Becaroooo Tue 28-Jun-11 12:23:46

So, have finally got ds1's levels from his teacher.

Not good. sad

Am therefore applying for a statement based on "inadequate progress" (he is going into year 4 in sept and is a 1a for reading and writing)

Please be gentle with me, am sat here crying. Am so very tired of all this. The past 3 years of me "helping" him have been for nothing.

Thanks.

Becarooo - if you hadn't spent the last 3 years helping him, imagine what his levels would be like........

I can't see that the LEA could say that your DS is making adequate progress despite 3 years intervention.

Good luck to you. Have a brew and remember that you have done lots for your son. Lots and lots. <Hugs>

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Tue 28-Jun-11 13:07:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 28-Jun-11 13:51:26

Becaroooo,

You're a good mum beca, please be kind to yourself. You have helped your son a lot, you're his best (and only) advocate here.

Re the statement you will need to write to the Chief Education Officer at the LEA and give them six weeks to reply to this letter (mark that date on your calendar). IPSEA's website has model letters on there you can use www.ipsea.org.uk.

Becaroooo Tue 28-Jun-11 15:41:15

Thanks everyone <<sniff>>

God, I am so tired of this and this is just the beginning......

Will check out that website attila

Becaroooo Tue 28-Jun-11 16:14:19

Have downloaded the letter....going to see what happens on Thursday. If we get no joy (which I suspect) then it will be all ready to go.

meagle Tue 28-Jun-11 16:28:49

Becaroo, tbh even if the school start promising the moon apply for statement anyway as it will stand him in good stead for secondary (which is where support is often lacking and there is more pressure on kids). Applying for statement should galvanise the school into helping more as they will come under the LEA spotlight. And remember there's no reason to suppose your child will not make really great progress as he gets more help. Best of luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now