Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Toe walking

(9 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 27-Jun-11 16:19:26

Were you able to get physio for toe walking? If so what was the extent of the toe walking? Was it just when barefoot or when wearing shoes as well. Was it just sometimes or pretty much all of the time?

5inthebed Mon 27-Jun-11 16:22:22

I've never had it for DS2, but someone I know has, and they were given insoles to help with it.

Chundle Mon 27-Jun-11 16:25:50

My dd was referred for physio for something else before she could walk then she started walking on her toes and she got piedro boots

nappyaddict Mon 27-Jun-11 16:38:42

Has anyone's child only ever toe walked whilst barefoot but also mostly in the mornings?

5inthebed Mon 27-Jun-11 16:55:03

Yes, DS2 does and when he stims as well. He is often bare foot, he takes his shoes off wherever we are, keeps his socks on though.

Chundle Mon 27-Jun-11 17:21:58

Dd mainly does it with shoes off howeve I've noticed Shea more tiptoey lately even with them on! She does it a lot qhen she's excited and when she runs

nappyaddict Tue 28-Jun-11 23:32:01

5inthebed Why do you think they do it more in the mornings?

pramsgalore4 Thu 30-Jun-11 14:28:59

my ds tiptoes with shoes on or off has asd, dd4 not asd tiptoes shoes off loads really high as well i do keep wondering but both do it all through the day

mummytime Thu 30-Jun-11 14:38:16

I used to toe walk (undiagnosed but I think I'm dyspraxic). I used to actually feel quite tight in the muscles at the backs of the legs in the morning, it loosened during the day. I wonder if pysio could help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now