Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

who do i complain to re statement

(6 Posts)
nicevideoshameaboutthesong Mon 27-Jun-11 13:16:17

i want to complain about how long the whole effing process has taken, from the first request, March 09, to the receipt of the 'final' statement which had huge holes, to the 'working document' which we should be receiving by the end of the week, to help avoid tribunal on 30 September 2011.

The LA have dragged their feet, been dleiberately thick, been deliberately obstructive and taken their time as much as possible throughout all this, and i want to tell someone higher up than them (because my DD2 has a statutory assessment request being processed right now, she's not 3 yet but we wanted to start now knowing it can take years to get it sorted, sigh, and i dont want to piss them off) what i think of the whole feet dragging...

drivemecrazy63 Mon 27-Jun-11 13:25:47

omgg 09 shock sorry i just had to say that indigo and a few of the others will be along to tell you your next step , just wanted to say im so sorry for you thats disgusting and clearly illegal too im flabbergasted to be honest

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Mon 27-Jun-11 17:55:09

its typical to be honest.

DD1's statement is illegal as well - no hours specified. the junior school isnt even specified in part 4, and she starts there in Sept in Y3 !!!!

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 27-Jun-11 18:56:20

Part 4 will be blank; that is usual till it is finalised.

It needs rejecting anyway as it is unlawful; provision has to be both specified and quantified as per case law.

I do not think you will be able to avoid Tribunal here.

P.s do not worry about pissing the LEA off; that is the least of your concerns besides which you are your child's best - and only - advocate.

yomellamoHelly Mon 27-Jun-11 18:57:13

That's terrible - 30 months. Ours took 20 months and I thought that was taking the p*ss. Hope you get the result you want and get it implemented soon.

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Tue 28-Jun-11 17:44:58

It was finalised on 10 March! With the infants school listed, but no Junior school listed - despite the fact that she goes into Y3 in September!

It has been rejected immediately, and an appeal filed. They know we arent accepting that level of bullshit, but the thing we object to is them doing all this in the first place!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now