Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

asd ds. where can i get a lockable cabinet for his poor brother?...

(7 Posts)
yogabonkers Sun 26-Jun-11 09:22:02

my 5 year old ds with asd is wrecking havoc in his brother and sisters room.

he's at the stage where we cant really keep him out of it any more.

there is nothing in his room except for a bed. we have tried a few things, but then he just stays up all night pulling everything out boxes and drawers and scattering contents all over floor.... so you can see how his brother and sisters room would be quite exciting.

we really dont want to put a lock on their door and keep him out altoghther.

is there somewhere i can buy a nice boys and girls themed lockable cabinet they can put their breakables in?

my other ds is 7 and my dd is 3.

i just thought other people may already use something like this?

dottyp82 Sun 26-Jun-11 09:34:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Chundle Sun 26-Jun-11 10:15:41

I'm sure ikea do something along these lines as we looked at them for different reasons before. I think they were meant for a lounge but came in nice red and blue colours. Worth a try

bigbluebus Sun 26-Jun-11 10:32:34

We used a lock like this:www.amazon.co.uk/Magnetic-Cupboard-Drawer-Locks-locks/dp/B000KG8DJ4 to keep DS out of kitchen cupboard when he was little. Might be worth a try to use on your other DC's cupboard doors (depending on thickness) rather than buying new cupboards/cabinets. The lock doesn't show from the outside so you have to know where it is fitted so you know where to put the magnet key.

r3dh3d Sun 26-Jun-11 12:43:25

You could try a filing cabinet (one of those low under-desk ones). They come up on ebay 2nd hand fairly frequently, so as long as you find one locally and can collect it's a fairly cheap solution - check with the seller they still have the key of course! Not very funky for the kids but you could brighten it up with those stick-on decal things for walls.

signandsmile Sun 26-Jun-11 13:18:10

or paint with spray paint?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 26-Jun-11 14:51:42

ikea have a couple of things here and here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now