Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

was I being unreasonable?

(7 Posts)
purplepidjin Wed 22-Jun-11 16:45:49

Took the two Dudes out for a coffee and to get the weeks groceries. Waiting to cross the road, man parks his car across the crossing leaving not quite enough room to get the wheelchair around and go up the dropped kerb. So I push Dude, in chair, as far as I can then stop and wait. Man winds down the window to tell me he can't go anywhere because of the traffic. I ask him to pull into the 3' of space between him and the car in front. He mutters, I wait, traffic moves on.

Was I being unreasonable? Dude thought it was hilarious (other dude crossed with my colleague)

signandsmile Wed 22-Jun-11 17:16:25

Hi pidjin not being unreasonable. should not be stopped on crossing at all. full stop. IYSWIM. grin I know it happens, but he should be apologetic, not huffy!

purplepidjin Wed 22-Jun-11 17:25:35

Yay that's what I thought! I watched him do it, definitely knew he'd be blocking the crossing. Wish I'd taken a pic but I was chatting to Dude while we waited and didn't think grin

I'm rather chuffed with myself for challenging it tbh. I'm pretty non-confrontational off the internet

StarChartEsq Wed 22-Jun-11 17:25:44

Nope. Not unreasonable. He made a mistake. not the end of the world, but he should do what he can to prevent it from being a problem for pedestrians.

purplepidjin Wed 22-Jun-11 17:38:58

Thank you. Now a question - would it be different if I'd been pushing a buggy instead?

Ps buggies are better designed and don't weigh 20st

unpa1dcar3r Wed 22-Jun-11 17:42:13

No difference Pidge, he was in the wrong, silly sod. Shouldn't stop on crossings. I know sometimes it's unavoidable if the traffic suddenly stops in front of you but I wouldn't be huffy if it was me, I'd say sorry and probably duck under the steering wheel!
grin

purplepidjin Wed 22-Jun-11 18:10:05

grin I wouldn't have been so, um, definite if it hadn't been glaringly obvious he would have to block it!

cunting dickhead shouldn't be on the road

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now