Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Recommendation for developmental paediatrician please.

(6 Posts)
manicmamma Wed 22-Jun-11 12:39:23

Looking for a developmental paediatrician in the Edinburgh/Glasgow area. Anyone able to recommend a private paed. ?
We had an appointment last week wth the NHS community one....what a waste of time!

thanks

manicmamma Wed 22-Jun-11 13:56:52

anyone? please...

catherinea1971 Wed 22-Jun-11 15:49:53

Hi, I'm not from that far up north so can't help, sorry....what problems is your dc having that you need to see a paed for? It might help if you feel able to give a little more infosmile

manicmamma Wed 22-Jun-11 17:33:24

Thanks
Well my Dd is showing ASD type traits mainly stimming when she is "trying to concentrate" and does is it a lot when she is excited.
She has always been a difficult sleeper and has a really poor attention span.
Got a ref from the GP to paed...who said "she is fine don't worry"
Left the paed in tears and I having been googling like mad....(maybe not the best thing to do when feeling so so worried).But I feel in need to see an experienced paediatrician for either reassurance or some support for my Dd.

catherinea1971 Wed 22-Jun-11 18:24:34

Well if thats what your concerns are then the NAS should be able to give you a list of experienced paeds....it is hard when you are worriedsmile

manicmamma Wed 22-Jun-11 19:52:09

thanks catherine.
I'll contact NAS...Im so all over the place I can't think properly...don't know why I never thought of them...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now