Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Parent View Form - Statement!!

(6 Posts)
Anna85 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:35:27

My DS school has applied for statutory assessment and I have recieved a Parent View Form....how much information do I need to put on the form? This is the first parent form I have had to complete and this is the one before they decide to proceed or not!

In my local area they generally are refusing all first time applications so want to try help it so its not!!

Thanks

xx

fabmum1966 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:44:57

I put a lot of detail in mine when I had to do it for my son. They need to know exactly what things he finds difficult. I filled in a full history right from being a baby to present. He got assessed first time. Good luck.

Anna85 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:52:07

R u asked more then once to complete a Parent Form? Did u use additional paper and sent in reports?? x

fabmum1966 Tue 21-Jun-11 21:13:33

I did use extra paper and referred to any reports I had but I didnt send them. It couldnt do any harm to put a copy in with your written evidence. I think I only filled in the once.

BialystockandBloom Tue 21-Jun-11 21:36:02

Give as much detail as you think will persuade them to assess him. In our case, IIRC our parental report at this stage was about 4 pages, and had headings for each of the core areas he was impaired in (ds has ASD). Under each heading we summarised the difficulties, symptoms, behaviours, problems, etc.

Remember that they will use this document to decide whether to go ahead with SA, so make sure you cover everything. It's a bit depressing to do, but think of all the areas ds struggles with, is different from his peers, and needs help with.

Try and get the school onside too, so that they say the right things in their report too - sounds like they should do if they're applying for the SA.

Good luck.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Tue 21-Jun-11 22:11:46

This is the first parental contribution, ours was quite brief but we had lots of supporting reports from his school, SALT, paed, etc. We went into lots more detail for the SA parental contribution itself, including some photos to make them see him as an individual. No idea if it helped!

But it's important that they decide to assess so I'd be tempted to give as much info as you can, maybe with a summary of key points in case they just skim it. Include copies of any reports from professionals. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now