Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Legoland hotel ideas? Merlins magic wand

(14 Posts)
Chundle Tue 21-Jun-11 11:24:25

hi all got confirmation today from merlons magic wand that we got tickets for Legoland. Had quick look on their website at hotels but all hotels prices come with tickets! Had look at hotels own website and these work out more expensive than booking with tickets through Legoland website! Aaarghh! We are travelling from Devon so want somewhere reasonably close to it, has anyone done this before and if so where did you go? Thanks

utah Tue 21-Jun-11 11:41:07

I stayed at the Bracknell central travelodge not the closest but has parking onsite free. You get what you pay for and good price if you can book in advance. Have a lovely day

Chundle Tue 21-Jun-11 13:29:52

Thanks Utah I'll have a look at it

SaryLiz Tue 21-Jun-11 14:04:23

Hi - there is a premier inn at Bagshot - just off the M3 so convenient for your route from Devon and about 20-30 mins from Legoland.

DeWe Tue 21-Jun-11 14:44:12

There's a travel lodge on the A30 near the Meadows Roundabout (large M&S and Tescos). I think for some reason it's called "Camberley Travellodge" even though it's in Blackwater. You can get breakfast at Tescos up the road then.
Again about 20-30 minutes from Legoland.

Chundle Tue 21-Jun-11 16:17:31

Fab thanks guys I'll check them out x

hi we stayed at slough travelodge. we got a direct bus to legoland from the bus station in slough (approx 5min walk) the staff were good with ds who has asd. have lovely time. they'll stamp your hand at legoland for priority queuing which was a great help. enjoy! smile

cwtch4967 Tue 21-Jun-11 19:15:10

Have a look on the superbreaks website - they have some very good deals with large chains like holiday inn / marriot. They also have mystery hotels - you don't know for sure which hotel until you book but it is often obvious!

Chundle Tue 21-Jun-11 19:46:22

cool ta you guys are fab!

anonandlikeit Tue 21-Jun-11 19:50:37

We stayed at he marriott (i think) in slough.

dietstartstmoz Tue 21-Jun-11 19:52:56

We also stay at the Bracknell central travelodge. they do breakfast (Kids eat free) and it's about 10 mins away and virtually a straight run to legoland from there, just one left turn. There's also a pub on the road on the way back that does cheap food and has a small climbing thingy with slide.

Chundle Tue 21-Jun-11 20:40:13

Thanx diet will check that one out too- I'm so excited!

lmnop Tue 21-Jun-11 21:56:43

Have just been for the weekend. Stayed for the second year at Heathrow Central Travel Lodge which we got for £19 a night. Parking is £7.50 for 24 hours. Easy journey to Legoland and well signposted. Also easy to get to London - bus opposite hotel to Hounslow West tube station and Piccadilly line to London. DS loves hotel as underneath flightpath but no noise in room. Large 24 hour Tesco near to hotel for breakfast and sandwiches etc - food expensive at Legoland and not great.

UniS Tue 21-Jun-11 22:44:53

Travel lodge type place at Fleet services, handy for Devon Road not too far from Lego land.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now