Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Local Government Ombudsman

(6 Posts)
asdx2 Mon 20-Jun-11 13:53:53

Heard today that LGO have agreed to investigate my complaint grin .

I wonder if the LEA will decide to give in sooner rather than later rather than battle two legal teams (mine and the school's) and the LGO and oppose a Tribunal,be subject Judicial Review and a fight a claim for educational negligence?

For a service that is already stretched to breaking point I expect their workload will become intolerable on ds's case alone grin

appropriatelytrained Mon 20-Jun-11 13:59:12

Don't get your hopes up. THey investigated mine and came back with a right load of old crap - oh look LA have given us a timetable of provision thus statement must be being implemented. End of.

Have had to write very detailed legal letter to ask them to review.

I think they are looking not to find maladministration if at all possible

asdx2 Mon 20-Jun-11 14:12:48

Just hope that it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back more than anything else.
Tbh I couldn't give a toss whether or not they have to give justification for the service we have received. I couldn't care less whether I get an apology so long as ds gets the provision he needs.
If it goes to Tribunal I will win even the LIO concedes I will win because the LEA don't have a case when their ed psych and LIO also recommend that placement and I have it in writing.
I'd prefer they'd concede now because ds's anxiety would lessen and we could start a transition plan.
I know (because my other ds works for the LEA in school support) that the SEN department is on the verge of collapse. They don't have the staff to fulfill their statutory duties so if by applying more pressure I can actually get them to give in rather than try to handle the legal teams, the LGO as well as their general workload then that is what I will do grin

tiredoffightingwithjelly Mon 20-Jun-11 14:12:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StarChartEsq Mon 20-Jun-11 14:18:51

yes continued battles here too, in order to 'send a message to other parents thinking of doing the same' is apparently how they justify the cost.

Still, it is the right thing to do and I wish you luck. And I understand that public sector workers are often quite unable to cope well with stress.

tiredoffightingwithjelly Mon 20-Jun-11 14:24:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now