Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

IF AR leads to reduced provision and your appeal it.....

(4 Posts)
StarChartEsq Mon 20-Jun-11 13:25:01

does the provision remain whilst you appeal, or do you get the provision in the final statement?

Many thanks. This is a new area for me.

tryingtokeepintune Mon 20-Jun-11 13:33:17

I think the statement that you are appealing is the final amended statement and according to SOS!SEN the provisions in the final amended statement are the ones the LA are legally bound to provide.

StarChartEsq Mon 20-Jun-11 14:12:23

Yes I thought so. That's good in our case.

Not for many though sad It means 6 months crap provision for most whilst waiting for tribunal. It won't for us but that's another story.

Al1son Mon 20-Jun-11 14:24:34

I was told by someone who appeals statements for a living that the provision remains as of the previous statement until the tribunal has decided if the new one will be enforced.

I was asking for reassurance that the provision DD1 has now couldn't be removed and I was told that I could guarantee it would stay in place until after we had appealed and the tribunal had made a decision to remove it if they found in favour of the LEA.

Luckily they didn't try to reduce her provision so we didn't have to test that theory.

I hope that doesn't mean bad news for you StarChart.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now