Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Happy 6th birthday DS!

(19 Posts)

Wow, what a busy year since his 5th birthday!

He is going to go bowling (1 game only) with his friend (also ASD) and then little party tea at our house. I put my foot down at a soft play party inviting all of the children who won't play with him at school and am pleased I did so TBH. This way is much less stress, controlled and hopefully will be enjoyable for all rather than waiting for a meltdown grin

We also have Legoland tickets care of Merlin's Magic Wish to use which we will have an extended birthday with sometime in the summer smile

devientenigma Sun 19-Jun-11 06:57:21

Happy birthday junior Ben, enjoy your bowling x

someoneoutthere Sun 19-Jun-11 07:03:44

Happy birthday to your DS Ben10. We are planning to have a day out with DS on his birthday next month as he does not enjoy parties much.

hazeyjane Sun 19-Jun-11 07:05:58

Happy Birthday little Ben10 (Ben6?)

Hope it is a fantastic day.smile

utah Sun 19-Jun-11 07:54:06

that sounds great, i find that birthday parties seem more about the guests than the party child which is a shame. Hope he has two great days

Thank you! Somehow forgot how he gets overwhelmed by special occasions. Meltdown number 1 already! grin

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 19-Jun-11 10:36:04

happy birthday to ds smile

happy birthday to your ds- party sounds fab too and enjoy legoland. the exit queuing system makes all the difference

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 19-Jun-11 12:18:20

Hope he has a nice day, despite meltdowns! Just goes to show you made the right decision not having a 'big' party! smile

Ineedalife Sun 19-Jun-11 12:48:17

Happy birthday mini ben10.grin

Phew party over. Nightmare! My friend's son with ASD is v loud but noise doesn't bother him. DS is loud when it suits him but couldn't stand the noise of his friend plus his sisters (twins 2 yrs old). Complete meltdown and refused to partake in most of the party.

Have now plugged him into my old his recycled iPod Touch birthday present and got peace and quiet and am now enjoying a well earned brew. We will not be doing a party for at least a few years now. Soft play last year with 12 kids and bowling and party tea for 1 child both too much for him and if he doesn't enjoy the actual event, despite asking for a party, then there is no point.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 19-Jun-11 14:37:54

Maybe a nice quiet activity, next time. Chess tournament? Only quiet children invited? I bet he'll remember the bowling as a great party, despite all evidence to the contrary!

He doesn't have any school friends so this child who is my friend's son is the only person that I can invite. He will be joining beavers soon so hopefully he can find a quiet friend there. He seems to have had a nice time when we ask despite the difficulties so that is good. We on the other hand feel like 30 children turned up rather than a 6 yr old and his 2 2 yr old sisters grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 19-Jun-11 15:51:48

Sometimes we have a really miserable time, with lots of upset and tears, and DS only remembers the good bits! It's always worth asking, later, if they had a nice time.

Sops Sun 19-Jun-11 16:00:03

Happy b'day mini ben10!
We have managed to put off ds' 5th party from April and although he still throws himself about like a mini-despot asks about it we keep prevaricating. Every other party he has had (just very relaxed family affairs) he hasn't really enjoyed. The thought of the 10/12 children he thinks he'd like to invite this year brings me out in a cold sweat- he wouldn't last 3 mins before complete meltdown!

keepingupwiththejoneses Sun 19-Jun-11 20:21:27

Happy Birthday little ben10. It is my ds's birthday 5th birthday today, we went to the safari park and he loved it.

LeninGrad Sun 19-Jun-11 20:41:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

blueShark Sun 19-Jun-11 21:19:03

Happy Birthday, hope it was a good one x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now