Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

wayhey we got the go ahead to proceed with the statement yay

(7 Posts)
pigletmania Wed 15-Jun-11 18:55:42

Just found out today that we can proceed to the next level of statementing yay. DD aged 4 has social communication difficulties with speech and language developmental delay. No dx of ASD yet. I thought that we were going to get turned down again but no, at least she is in with a chance and the professionals involved in her care are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Well done Piglet grin

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 15-Jun-11 19:27:07

So they have agreed to your request for Statutory Assessment? That's great. smile

beautifulgirls Wed 15-Jun-11 19:43:40

grin so pleased for you and your DD. Let's hope they don't try and fob you off with a useless bit of paper for a statement after this. Gives me hope too, we are awaiting the LEA decision whether to proceed with assessment or not.

brandy77 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:15:15

Well done you! thats another hurdle getting them to agree to the SA if thats what youre referring to?! Pat on the back anyway, really stressful time and im glad ive just got through it smile

pinkorkid Wed 15-Jun-11 21:51:51

Well done - that's great news.

pigletmania Wed 15-Jun-11 22:12:40

Yes they have Ellen, I was prepared for the worse. Thanks everyone smile Yes it is brandy the next stage is consulting the professionals involved with her like the Dev Paed, SALT, Ed Psych and then a statement hopefully

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now