Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

please arm me with information before i phone the school

(5 Posts)
cheeryface Wed 15-Jun-11 12:24:13

ds2 12 and in yr 7 is under camhs . having problems at home and at school but so far dont know why.

moved from one secondary school to another in february and is clearly struggling. i know this from what he says , his books and his report.

school havent contacted me and starting late we missed parents evening. i have asked for info from teachers and the lady in the pupil office said all she could really do was get emails from his teachers which she did with brief comments on such as he seems unhappy , could not handle a class debate and is overly negative , is struggling etc.

they dont seem to intend doing anything about it.
so, what should they rightly be doing?
i dont want to be fobbed off.
is there anything that are entitled to ?
thanx

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 15-Jun-11 12:34:07

Have you seen the school senco? If not, make an appointment to go and see her face to face to talk it through. Have you seen the sencop? That should help you decide what they should be doing.

cheeryface Wed 15-Jun-11 15:19:43

thanx

Minx179 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:09:35

Second Ninja, in seeing SENCO.

Has your DS always struggled in school, or is it just since entering secondary, or this school?

Try asking for the schools Aims and Ethos, SEN, behaviour and curriculum policies (check on line first). They can help inform you with regard to what the school 'say' they should be doing, which will help with the SENCop

cheeryface Thu 16-Jun-11 22:29:04

he seemed to be managing ok at primary but i was always baffled that they said he was as doing homework etc he seemd to struggle alot. he hated going though. since going to high school things have deteriorated.

at home he just cant seem to handle everyday disapointments or issues that we all can, without completely flippin his lid to the point where he is violent , destructive and threatening to kill himself.

when i look back though i think he has been this way a long time just that his reactions used to be alot milder. i.e he would be sulky and moody rather than out of control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now