Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bedguards for travelling with sn kid

(5 Posts)
tolipfinityandbeyond Mon 13-Jun-11 00:02:12

Hi everyone, can someone enlighten me with what to do about a bedguard for my daughter, for our first ever holiday? Well, it's just a weekend away in a hotel, but our first time away as a family! My girl is 8 but has a rare genetic condition, Pieront Syndrome. She is like a much younger child! and she can't sleep unless she has her bedguard to make her feel safe!

wentshopping Mon 13-Jun-11 06:44:41

Hi tolip, we use one like this http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4243229 which folds flat, but somewhere I have also seen an inflatable bedguard/bedrail which would be less bulky for travel. I would take a look on kiddicare website. Have a good trip!

wentshopping Mon 13-Jun-11 06:47:11

actually when I travel with my dd, I put her in the middle of a double bed and put rolled up towels or pillows at the edges. If I hear something fall out, I know its not her. (And she cant move around enough to get stuck under any of these)

Marne Mon 13-Jun-11 09:28:43

We use this as it folds up small so easy to pop int the boot of the car without taking up too much space.

tolipfinityandbeyond Mon 13-Jun-11 10:25:45

Thanks everyone, especially Marne, I've just ordered that one!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: