Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I'm off to hosp hope I'm out soon how will OH cope!

(20 Posts)
Chundle Sun 12-Jun-11 19:19:46

they think it's my gallbladder I'm panicking OH doesn't know how to look after the tortoises let alone sort out goin to the appointments! Omg! Hopefully they will let menout tonite but this is a wake up call for mento write him some serious instructions on how to dd1 hair for school, sort the tortoises, manage appointments etc etc

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 12-Jun-11 19:30:23

Hope it's not gallstones, Chundle. They're super painful. I'm sure OH will manfully rise to the occasion! So long as your DD is fed and clothed, she'll live. Good luck.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 12-Jun-11 19:45:11

hope all goes well for you chundle and you're home soon.

moosemama Sun 12-Jun-11 20:21:01

Oh Chundle you poor thing - I have gallstones and the attacks I've had have been the worst pain I've ever known - worse that childbirth - no competition. Last one I had dh called an ambulance, they thought I was having a heart attack and did and ECG! shock

In my experience they don't usually do all that much, other than identify the cause (physical exam and poss ultrasound), give pain relief (in my case morphine drip) and wait for it to pass, then send you home and book you in with the gastros for assessment and probably booking in for removal, so hopefully you won't be kept in.

As Ellen said, don't fret, your oh will cope and what doesn't get done won't be a disaster. Concentrate on taking care of yourself.

Let us know how you get on. ((gentle hugs))

lisad123 Sun 12-Jun-11 20:29:37

He will cope, gallstones are horrible sad

Chundle Sun 12-Jun-11 21:55:57

Gallbladder flare up and a cracked rib! To go to GP to get an ultrasound organised. So plenty of time to write lists for OH! Lol.
Not sure how I cracked the rib must've been dd2 with her piedro boots!

geeandfeesmum Sun 12-Jun-11 22:00:56

I feel your pain. Before they figured I had gallstones they thought I had bruised ribs from the kids elbow dropping me in the night. Had my gall bladder out 2 weeks ago. If you need any advice just let me know.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sun 12-Jun-11 22:11:12

Hope it clears up. At least you can get OH prepared!

Chundle Sun 12-Jun-11 22:15:00

Thanks guys and thanks gee

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sun 12-Jun-11 22:30:06

piedros are very hard!! Pleased to hear you're home.

magso Sun 12-Jun-11 22:41:26

Hope you feel better soon! Cracked rib and gallstones - not doing things by halves!!
I have lists up to guide DH. - medicine list inside the medicine cupboard, appointment details on the calendar ( including locations /post codes/ appointment letters etc), telephone numbers of doctors/theripists next to the phone. This was all prompted by an emergency admission - and by the way DH managed fine.

moosemama Mon 13-Jun-11 14:02:56

Ouch! A cracked rib and a gallbladder flare up, oh my goodness Chundle - talk about a double whammy! Hope the've given you some decent pain killers and you have a quick recovery on both counts.

I declined the gallbladder removal, mainly because I've only had attacks within 6 months of having a baby each time and gallstones can be produced during pregnancy, so I convinced myself that as dd was my last dc, I won't have any more attacks.

I've been lucky enough not to have any ongoing pain or discomfort over the years, but just recently its been niggly and painful at times - and I've found myself praying I don't have another attack or need to go back and have the op, for the same reasons as you really - dh is great, but has no idea how much I actually do to keep things ticking along and lord only knows how ds1 would take the change to his routine.

I've often thought it would be a good idea to create a little instruction manual, but there's always something more pressing that needs my attention.

krissz Mon 13-Jun-11 18:16:45

Good afternoon,

I'm from Hungary 30, and got a young nearly 2yrs old baby boy called Leo he has cerebal palsey and triying to find a friend for him who has similar problem. We visited lots of groups but so far everybody was too old for him.
Feeling lonley and tired looking.
Wondering if you are from Hungary or near to South West or just talk through the internet that would be great.
It was a busy day but feel like crying...k

moosemama Mon 13-Jun-11 19:48:09

Hello krissz

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so low. You sound like you are having a tough time at the moment, but you've come to the right place, this is an incredibly place, full of information and support.

There are a few people on here who have a child with cerebal palsy and I'm sure you can find some help and support, but you probably need to start a new thread with what you are looking for in the title, as this post is likely to get missed.

If you scroll up to the top of this page, just under the word 'Topic' it says 'Start a new thread in this topic'. If you click on there you can start your own thread that people are more likely to see and respond to.

I'm sure someone more qualified that me will be along with some advice shortly. smile

krissz Mon 13-Jun-11 19:55:18

Thanks, for replying...feels like ages to break throgh to all of you!
You made my day moosemama!
At least some answer coming...

Chundle Mon 13-Jun-11 21:01:45

Hi guys went back to GP today been booked for scan he said if there's stones in gallbladder then will have to have gallbladder out so going to make a start on my manual!

Hello kriss welcome smile

moosemama Mon 13-Jun-11 21:16:36

My GP said that too Chundle, but it depends on the amount and size of stones seen on the scan and how often you have attacks. I saw two different gastro consultants and both were happy for me to make the decision myself, but left it open for me to go back if the situation changes and I want to go for the op.

I didn't ask how many stones they found, but I'm assuming there were no monster stones or an excessive amount for them to say that.

Chundle Mon 13-Jun-11 21:41:50

Ok thanks moose - I get flare ups every couple of months (or whenever I have a cheeky kebab after a night out!) it cripples me! I think I've known what it is but just never gone to doc. Thing is my nan died 2 years ago of gallstone complications and her hubby had problems as well so may opt for removal if I need to

moosemama Mon 13-Jun-11 21:44:41

Yes, it does sound like yours is much worse than mine - probably best to have the little devil whipped out then.

There are a few threads about it on MN if you do an advanced search - it helped me to find out some of the details of what the op's like and what the post-op, recovery etc is like.

intothewest Mon 13-Jun-11 21:59:47

Had mine out 4 months after DS was born- It's not too bad an op-though I was kept in 2 nights - they usually kick you out after one. I had a nice nurse who thought I needed a break !!.....and DH DID cope !!smile

welcome Krissz - my Ds has cerebral palsy - he is older,but if you want to chat to people who know what you're going through you've found the right place- I'll have to look and see if you've started a thread.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: