Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Should we apply for a statement now?

(2 Posts)
janx Sat 11-Jun-11 17:51:38

Ds is 3.6 and currently goes to nursery 3 days a week. He has recently been assessed as having severe verbal dyspraxia and is on the waiting list for therapy at the Nuffield centre where he was assessed. He currently receives speech therapy locally (not at nursery). His last therapist suggested we look at a Language resource sch. We made an appt last week and the therapist suggested we could apply for a nursery place - they have a panel meeting in October but there is no guarantee that we would get a place as spaces are limited. My dd goes to another sch locally. I am wondering if I should apply for a statement anyway in case we don't get into the LRS - just so we have more options. We were originally thinking of moving him from his present nursery when he starts reception, but now are considering our options.

nicevideoshameaboutthesong Sun 12-Jun-11 10:17:00

Its never too early to apply for a statutory assessment - we've applied for DD2 recently and she is 2.8 and not in nursery until September when she turns 3!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now