Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Websites or organisations to find SALT or other therapy resources?

(5 Posts)
used2bthin Sat 11-Jun-11 08:49:35

Or recommendations for toys that would help my dd 4.9 with SLI? She also is quite hyperactive and struggles remembering so brain training type things interest me but don't want to spend without thinking it through.

Her motor skills are very poor and I am sure I once saw a website through here with things to encourage muscle development there(we do bubbles and blowing little balls etc).

TotalChaos Sat 11-Jun-11 09:13:04

the winslow catalogue website and the taskmaster website have lots of useful ideas.

In general orchard toys boardgames are good quality and educational and reasonably priced - and you can often pick them up dirt cheap in charity shops.

For toys - a few years back Boots had a really good set of 2, 3 and 4 piece jigsaws to practice sequencing, showing stages of a task etc. Let me think back as to what else DS found useful. Also worth checking out ELC "educational" type section.

used2bthin Sat 11-Jun-11 17:47:39

Thankyou yes orchard toys are great, that reminds me I wanted the bus game for DD. I'll check out the two websites too. I am trying to make up for being a bit rubbish of late at getting her to do her SALT stuff!

Agnesdipesto Sun 12-Jun-11 11:28:29

teachmetotalk.com (American) has a section on advising on good toys and games etc
There are some great US websites for toys which will ship to UK but often I find if I see something on there and then google it I can find it nearer home - just not all on one site.
difflearn
therapy shoppe

some uk sites
sensorywarehouse
specialneedstoys

used2bthin Sun 12-Jun-11 20:58:24

Oh wow thank you I have just spent a happy half hour browsing those sites and the only reason I haven't yet ordered is I am tring to decide which things I really need!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: