Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I don't beeelieeeeve it!

(44 Posts)
bochead Fri 10-Jun-11 23:06:46

It was seriously suggested my statemented (mainstream NC levels) Year 2 lad rejoin nursery today. I had a Victor Meldrew meets Catherine Tate "mad Mum melt down".

"Wot a diabolical liberty"

Apparently it's most important my son is "happy".

Hey ho, hey ho to tribunal we will go
The lea are dunderheads hey ho, hey, hey ho, hey ho

coff33pot Fri 10-Jun-11 23:14:07

what?...........not at you bochead at them confused

Is this to make it easier for them then to just put him in a nursery instead of cater for his needs otherwise?

Sorry if I am barking up the wrong tree but I will join you in your song

hey ho hey ho bochead is going for goal grin

devientenigma Fri 10-Jun-11 23:16:53

hey ho hey ho hey ho hey ho grin, sorry just wanted to join in, hope you win

TotalChaos Fri 10-Jun-11 23:28:20

wtf? on what planet is that inclusion.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 10-Jun-11 23:31:46

They cannot be seeerious! Sorry, not funny, I know. That's just not a viable suggestion. I can understand holding him back a year, maybe, but that will be hard, socially, and academically makes no sense.

bochead Fri 10-Jun-11 23:33:48

I'm convinced the professionals all tried the blue pills before this afternoon's meeting.

I'm not gonna go into all the details but it started with "he doesn't need the salt named in his statement as he's not got a full diagnosis of asd". The middle was used for the "blame the Mum game". It ended with school wanting him in nursery for 3 hours a day instead of his peer group. (They can't cope with him so that's the solution.)

My Gran used to say "As ignorant does, so ignorance begets" - no more negotiation from me I'm afraid. Only a tribunal can deal with that lot - If the tribunal is willing to travel down the rabbit hole into the VERY strange world of my LEA.

If you included it as a scene in a novel it'd be rejected for being too unrealistic. I'm not sure now my lad isn't right and Oooods and other alien life forms aren't secretly taking over the planet some days.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 10-Jun-11 23:36:19

Sorry, bochead, how old is your DS?

corsilk Fri 10-Jun-11 23:38:33

The school want him in nursery? Jesus F Christ.
Was it the LEA that said he didn't need SALT due to no dx? CAMHS keep telling us that support is based on need and not dx.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 10-Jun-11 23:51:41

Lots of SALTs say they can't help ASD, so a DX is actually a hindrance! It's never easy, is it?

bochead Fri 10-Jun-11 23:53:47

nearly 7.

LEA Officer now says he doesn't need it cos I've had the temerity to ask wh it isn't being provided. (same one that wrote statement based on salt reports stating he did need salt!)

Good thing I'm teaching him at home in the afternoons really isn't it?

EllenJaneisnotmyname Sat 11-Jun-11 00:03:37

Nearly 7! What are they playing at? If they are saying nursery then he needs a suitably academic SS, FGS!

Triggles Sat 11-Jun-11 06:47:08

I'm sorry... I must have misunderstood something... they're suggesting you put your 7yo DS in NURSERY when he is currently in yr2??? shock

How can they even consider it, much less suggest it? The mind boggles, it truly does!! Most important your son is happy, my eye - it's most important he is happy AND educated appropriately! I cannot believe it either. Points to you for not punching the lot of them!

IndigoBell Sat 11-Jun-11 07:12:09

FFS. Words fail me.

Really sorry bochead and little boc.

angry Absolutely outstanding incompetence

Becaroooo Sat 11-Jun-11 08:32:00

Fucking twatish dunderbastards shock

Am so angry on your behalf angry

geeandfeesmum Sat 11-Jun-11 08:36:40

Well done to you for keeping your cool as well as you did. What a ridiculous, completely out of line and offensive suggestion. Good luck with the tribunal.

bochead Sat 11-Jun-11 08:43:21

Er I didn't keep my cool I'm afraid : (. The old arms were flapped like a windmill and I'm ashamed to say I deffo raised my voice to forbid it. That's right forbid - no "Mum is unhappy" in the notes from that meeting unless they were deaf.

Aside from being incompetent and offensive it's dangerous as he had a serious regression at four (no he didn't get ANY professional help!) and this Mum will not risk a repeat.

asdx2 Sat 11-Jun-11 09:02:42

OMG bochead they are obviously on the same stuff our LEA is on.

FWIW ds and dd stayed in nursery for an extra year and it was beneficial for them but it was at my behest and I had to fight the LEA with the school for it to happen. Unbelievable that it should be suggested for a child of 7 when I had to fight tooth and nail.

I'll be singing alongside you "Hey ho hey ho......."

bochead Sat 11-Jun-11 09:27:24

I'm now thinking I need to ask for an out of borough placement at tribunal to protect him from people who have no interest in actually educating him either socially or academically. Not ideal for a kid who just went through 3 placements in one academic year but long term these people are not competent to be entrusted with the care of a goldfish.

asdx2 Sat 11-Jun-11 09:38:01

I am going to tribunal for out of borough independent too not least because there is no similar or suitable provision in our LEA.

Triggles Sat 11-Jun-11 09:43:59

Not sure I'd even leave a goldfish with them.... hmm

Triggles Sat 11-Jun-11 09:44:27

maybe a rock? grin

coff33pot Sat 11-Jun-11 12:49:07

oi! rocks have feelings too! grin

tryingtokeepintune Sat 11-Jun-11 14:11:13

Oh bochead - I would like to say I can't believe it but nothing really surprises me anymore. The trouble is these people actually try to justify their actions as being in the interest of the child!

We used to have 'blame mum' too until I asked them at a meeting to clarify what parenting principles they were criticizing and then it was, oh no, we are not talking about parenting!

Are you going to do something about non-provision of salt in the meantime?

Do you think the LA will actually put that suggestion to the tribunal?

Good luck and please keep us informed.

smileANDwave2000 Sat 11-Jun-11 14:54:22

bloody cheapskates is what it is the cheek of it aggghhh you go gettem girl its beyond belief

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now