Advanced search

requesting info from LA

(4 Posts)
nuru Fri 10-Jun-11 10:06:25

Fed up with the Education Dept making cock ups angry. How do I go about getting a copy of dd2's case file (she has been statemented since 2009, curently going through tribunal process)?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm too fuming to do a search!

davidsotherhalf Fri 10-Jun-11 11:59:09

look on council website, should be a form on there to request files, just done ours and there is a charge of £10 for ours

nuru Sat 11-Jun-11 15:59:23

Thanks, will have a look

direlahere Sat 11-Jun-11 16:05:25

In our LA requests to see education files are different to other parts of the LA processes.

If you want a copy of the whole file then a SAR request through the website will provide this and the timescale is 40 days but if you want quicker access to your son's file you may be able to request this of the LA, I have just viewed my son's physical file, I gave them 5 days notice and they copied the documents I requested of them after giving me a couple of hours to view it. Interestingly I have found documents on the physical file which were not disclosed to me fro a previous SAR request so I find doing both is helpful.

Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: