Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ASD after diagnosis - follow up appointments with Paediatrician

(7 Posts)
mompa Thu 09-Jun-11 12:55:33

Hello can others please tell me if their children have regular appointments with Paediatrician following diagnosis. My DS was daignosed ASD november 2010 as part of multi diciplinary CAF and no appointment since then?

cwtch4967 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:39:56

DS was diagnosed with ASD yesterday and I asked about follow up appointments, the answer was that they are there if we have any problems but as he is good health they would not send out appointments. DS is going to a special school in september and all pupils there are offered a yearly check up with the community pead (same one as we are already under).

Marne Thu 09-Jun-11 13:43:28

Dd2 had appointments every 3-6 months sinse dx, we had an appointment a few weeks ago but now we dont have another appointment until next year (a years time), she is seeing OT every month.

Dd1 was diagnossed with AS at the age of 4 and has not been seen sinse (she's now 7).

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 09-Jun-11 16:48:10

DS was DX at 3.7 and we saw the Paed 3 times after, at about 6 monthly intervals, then signed off. But, TBH, he wasn't unhealthy at all, just autistic, so educational needs were more pressing. We only stayed that long, I think, due to doing a GF CF trial and seeing a dietician. He hasn't seen a paed for the last 6 years, only the GP and continence service.

hotmamalovespavlova Thu 09-Jun-11 19:35:17

We were dx same time as you and were seen in May for a follow up, with another booked for November-it was a long drawn out wait just to be asked if anythinghad changed or if we needed any additional support with her behaviour.
I wish I had left her in pre school as other than taking her weight and height there was no reason for her to be stressed out by the long wait.

logi Thu 09-Jun-11 21:31:37

My ds 7 was dx at 5 and has appointments every few months with paediatrician.(about 3 times a year)

blueShark Thu 09-Jun-11 21:58:25

DS was diagnosed this time last year, we had a review booked in Feb which didnt happen as appointment was running very late and then at a rescheduled appointment few weeks ago DS got discharged (until adolescence) since he has shown significant progress and I am doing (privately) more than they can ever offer (done AIT, doing RRT and sensory integration, VB table and play based activities on a daily basis and he has the right provision at school). Also I dont have any issues that I cannot deal with.

Another parent in the same borough had DS dx 2 years ago and hasnt heard from them since, so I am not sure which logic they follow.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: