Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

wooohoooo a huge stress reliever has been delivered today!

(8 Posts)
Triggles Thu 09-Jun-11 12:05:57

Ok. I'm a geek. I'll admit it now. But DH bought me a secondhand piano for £100 this week, and it's been delivered this morning. grin

I played piano for years and burying myself in some lovely classical music was such a huge stress reliever that I haven't been able to access in ages, due to ... well ... due to the fact that I didn't have a piano!!

But now I do again. I am soooooooooooo thrilled. Kid with a new toy and all, I suppose. But much like having an old friend back that I can destress with.

And on a side note, I'm now going to sort out easy numerical piano lessons to give to DS2, as he loves music and wants to learn to play, so we're going to focus on numbering initially so it's easier for him to grasp. The OT agreed that it would be very helpful to him for coordination as well as a stress/outlet as he gets older.

And yes, I apologise in advance for rhapsodising about this, but I have missed this so much and I can't say enough about the value of having some type of hobby or interest to help keep you sane! Others have kind of just raised an eyebrow at my excitement, but I figured people here would understand more.

Marne Thu 09-Jun-11 12:08:03

So pleased for you, wish we had room for a piano grin, my dad has one in his house and its the only reason why dd2 likes going over.

Enjoy xx

coff33pot Thu 09-Jun-11 12:17:59

oooh! how lovely! I always wanted to play the piano when I was a child but the lessons were far too expensive and there were 3 of us at home.

I am really glad for you what a great surprise! Play some Richard Clayderman for me grin

Good for DS too hope he enjoys your new toy as much as you xx

niminypiminy Thu 09-Jun-11 12:26:02

Can I rhapsodise with you? We had a piano delivered on Tuesday, and it's so lovely to have it in the house. And great that you can use it to de-stress. I sing with a choir (and am starting a community choir) and while I'm singing the rest of the world goes away. It's such a great release. Enjoy!!

Triggles Thu 09-Jun-11 13:36:18

Thanks. I used to have tons and tons of sheet music and books of music, but now have very little. So I've found a lovely website that has downloadable classical sheet music free! (my poor printer will be so worn out!!) And I think a little trip to the local music store is in order soon! LOL

Triggles Thu 09-Jun-11 13:37:48

niminy - that's just it, isn't it? you can just shut out everything else and only the music exists. Absolutely love it! (obviously can only get that immersed when DH is in charge of the children LOL)

drivemecrazy63 Thu 09-Jun-11 16:59:16

my daughter plays the piano its lovely to hear the sound of it floating around the house but ds hates it having said that he does love banging away at the keys confused so we have to get it tuned more often lol

ouryve Thu 09-Jun-11 17:01:31

Great stuff!

And I feel the same about my knitting. I get quite frustrated when I don't get to do much of it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: