Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

holiday insurance and autism. charging extra

(6 Posts)
daisydoodle1 Thu 09-Jun-11 12:01:29

This is my first post on here althoughi have been lurking and reading for ages! :-) We are going on holiday in the summer and i am trying to sort out holiday insurance. We were with M&S last year and although my 14 year old was insured with them last year they have upped the insurance by £45ish because he now has a diagnosis of autism! I am looking around but getting really cheesed off filling out all the different forms online. I have 3 boys and numerous different 'medical conditions!' I wondered if anyone else had any good recommmendations? I should add that M&S weren't charging any extra when i looked 6weeks ago so i guess they have changed their policy. :-(
I will watch with interest for any suggestions,
thanks

cwtch4967 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:42:27

I would recommend a company online called FLEXICOVER. I have used them a few times and they are great for pre existing conditions. If you go through quidco you get cashback too!!!

Chundle Thu 09-Jun-11 13:46:00

Do you have to declare autism? What about ADHD should you declare that too?, is it if they damage hotel etc?? If not then can't see why it needs declaring IMO. I have epilepsy I used to always declare it I needed hospital treatment after a seizure once in Tunisia and it just came under my excess so couldnt claim anyway so don't declare now

cwtch4967 Thu 09-Jun-11 13:52:55

With flexicover ADHD does not need to be declared but autism does.

staryeyed Thu 09-Jun-11 14:27:10

We had insurance with green bee. I phoned them to rell them about Ds1autism . They said it made no difference and wasnt considered medical.

blueemerald Thu 09-Jun-11 19:06:18

I don't rememeber which company we were using but they tried to charge my mum more for my brother's Asperger's. We sent them a letter (recorded delivery) from the GP saying that the condition wouldn't make him more likely to hurt himself or others etc and they dropped the extra charge.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: