Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd, adhd and odd has had a right old night trying to kill herself

(14 Posts)
devientenigma Wed 08-Jun-11 23:54:11

dh is speechless wondering where we went wrong! I's all calming down now but I'm a tad worried and upset.

WasUnderThirthy Thu 09-Jun-11 01:15:09

I am not sure what words are adequate, but I hope you can find solutions that will help your family.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 09-Jun-11 02:10:06

Shit, devient. shock sad Too late now, have to go to sleep.

You've done nothing wrong, it's the crappy ADHD and ODD. Hope all is clearer and brighter for you all tomorrow.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 09-Jun-11 07:14:23

oh no deviant sad agree with ellen, it's the adhd not you, hope you all got some sleep.

cornsilks Thu 09-Jun-11 07:16:34

God how awful sad ((hugs)) Is she asleep now?

IndigoBell Thu 09-Jun-11 10:44:44

sad

Can you get an emergency appointment with a psychologist? Someone on here said that if you go to A&E and say your child has been trying to kill themself you will get to see a psych straight away......

(Apologies if a psych is the last person you'd want her to see today)

niminypiminy Thu 09-Jun-11 12:29:27

sad

How are things today? Hoping that you got some sleep last night and were able to face this morning.

coff33pot Thu 09-Jun-11 15:51:53

sad so sorry to read this devient.

Hope all is calmer now and you have a chance to look perspectively. Been there recently with my eldest DD (NT) and the first thing you do is blame yourself. DONT. Bless her. Hugs sent to you all x

Eloise73 Thu 09-Jun-11 19:38:48

So sorry to hear this. Sending hugs and prayers to your family xx

cornsilks Thu 09-Jun-11 20:45:04

hope you and dd are okay dev

devientenigma Fri 10-Jun-11 07:43:32

Thanks everyone, she seems ok now but still brewing if that makes sense. Sorry to hear about your dd coff33 she went on major meltdown due to being punished for her crimes so to speak and major attention seeeking, you just don't know when the attention seeking goes wrong. Dh still insists we have done something wrong!!

devientenigma Fri 10-Jun-11 07:44:21

indigo I will try and remember A&E next time.

coff33pot Fri 10-Jun-11 20:14:10

Glad she is ok that is good news smile And yes if you take your child to A & E she wont leave without seeing someone first. I dont know how old your dd is but mine is 21 so she can speak for herself and is NT (although was suffering extreme depression due to being having been in pain for 7 years due to undiagnosed illness and just hospital trip after hospital trip for tests at the time) they will get someone to see her and if she stays there they will make a follow up appointment if it is deemed she is safe to leave. If not they will suggest that she stay in and they will see her straight away. Your GP is also made aware of what has happend.

You do blame yourself as it is instinct to think what have I missed? did I say something? did I go to far? Its a natural think that. And in truth I am still a bag of nerves everytime she comes home that wee bit too late or stays out when I am expecting her home. Thats what good parents do hmmmm? smile give your dh a hug x

corsilk Fri 10-Jun-11 21:30:51

glad she's okay smile hope you have a more restful evening tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now