Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

For those who stay in SN and haven't seen the site stuff thread.

(16 Posts)
Brownsugarshortbread Wed 08-Jun-11 22:03:46

Quick link

it's a bit of a long one but basically asking MNHQ to put a stop to disablist threads. Some good ideas on there of how this might be done without becoming disruptive too.

drivemecrazy63 Thu 09-Jun-11 16:56:37

you cant stop the whole thread but i do feel some disablist comments could be removed but i complained and was told sorry eveyones allowed a point of view but frankly thats not good enough answer as some posters were there just to insult the disabled and flame them and if it had been racist they would have removed them ...just goes to show people have no idea about how we feel to me its the same thing as racism its offensive to a particular group of people isnt that the same??

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 09-Jun-11 17:04:50

No, it's worse than racism, because they are attacking the most vulnerable who cannot adequately defend themselves, quite often.

coff33pot Thu 09-Jun-11 17:18:59

I posted that I agree that they should be stopped. But to be honest I dont go searching around anywhere else on this site now as did it a few times and most of it is rubbish, argumentative or plain gets your back up. You wont stop ppl being ignorant but I agree if there is a HQ here they should consider action on it.

sickofsocalledexperts Thu 09-Jun-11 17:21:58

The more voices the better on that thread. Our kids may not be able to fight back for themselves but their mums sure as hell can!

amberlight Thu 09-Jun-11 17:33:56

Said my bit on there.

drivemecrazy63 Thu 09-Jun-11 17:58:23

no i agree EllenJaneisnotmyname what i mean is you would think they on MNHQ would think its as bad and perhaps act on it but seems we disabled and their carers are "fair game" . i love MN i dont think ill be straying over to AIBU ever again sad

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 09-Jun-11 18:01:53

Didn't mean to sound like I was arguing with you, drive! Just taking it one step further.

Brownsugarshortbread Thu 09-Jun-11 18:31:03

Thank for Reading it folks smile and posting.

( it's carrotcake here btw for those who remember me).

I got sick of it all sad and I'm good at fighting the fight for DS

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 09-Jun-11 19:33:26

waves, wondered where you'd gone smile

Brownsugarshortbread Thu 09-Jun-11 20:00:30

RL has been a bit of a pain.. But don't worry I keep tabs wink

Ineedalife Thu 09-Jun-11 21:45:11

Hi brownsugar, havent' seen you around for ages and now a name change, are you in disguise?

Havent read your other thread just come in from guides and too knackered to start now, will have a look tomorrow.

Nice to see you anywaysmile.

Brownsugarshortbread Thu 09-Jun-11 21:51:10

Not in disguise .. I just needed a new name for an outside mn reason.

Nice to be remembered.. Hope things are doing okay with you.

Will come on soon for a big catch up.. Is the Friday night too tired for... Still running?

Ineedalife Thu 09-Jun-11 22:02:09

Yes things are good for us at the moment thanx, Dd3 started her new school and is really happy there.

Still no Dx we are stuck in a queue at CAMHS, physio assessment tomorrow though so some things are still moving forward.

The friday night thread does still run if someone remembers to start itgrin, maybe see you there.

Brownsugarshortbread Thu 09-Jun-11 22:27:45

smile @ if someone remembers to start it !
( can't leave you lot with anything wink)

brilliant news on happy school.. And big good luck on tomorrows appointment x

EllenJaneisnotmyname Fri 10-Jun-11 01:01:24

Hello again! Wondered where you'd gone. Come join us tomorrow night and catch up. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now