Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Wonderwall BBC2 now

(6 Posts)
sphil Wed 08-Jun-11 21:37:13

Watching this now - lovely observations of a boy with Aspergers and his brother.

coff33pot Wed 08-Jun-11 21:40:46

ooh! I will get the iplayer ready!

Marne Wed 08-Jun-11 22:00:03

Only caught the end sad

sphil Wed 08-Jun-11 22:13:02

It was a fantastic programme, but the part with the three boys who had lost their Mum was very hard to watch. I just loved the relationship between Liam, the boy with Aspergers, and his brother - and the parents dilemma about giving him greater independence rang very true. Although Ds2 is at the other end of the spectrum I often feel I do too much for him.

coff33pot Wed 08-Jun-11 22:39:11

caught the last bit and then watched the first bit on iplayer. Yes the boys saying goodbye to their Mum choked me up to say the least bless them. The boy with Aspergers was a lovely lad! a real joy. When he mentioned about going to the shop himself to buy a paper you could see the aprehension on the Mums face but I think his Dad handled it very well suggesting attempting a couple times with him first therefore encouraging his son but also showing consideration for his mums feelings.

SuburbanDream Thu 09-Jun-11 11:04:56

I really enjoyed this too, Liam was great. I loved the way he said "when I'm 18 I'm out of here!" then the dad reminded him that he's 16 but never been to the shop on his own yet. So he said "ok, when I'm 30 I'm out of here!" grin. It was like a little peak into the future (DS2 is 7 and just diagnosed Aspergers).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now