Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Second appointment with community pead tomorrow, advice please?

(6 Posts)
smugtandemfeeder Wed 08-Jun-11 19:41:06

I have booked an appointment with the community peadiatritian tomorrow. We saw one 7 months ago and they considered diagnosing autism but said we should go to the assessment centre to confirm it. (DS is 3) They didnt tell us we would have to wait a year for that assessment centre.

So I have booked another appointment to see them again.

I have written and delivered a ten page letter detailing everything about DS. (Very excessive but only scratches the surface!)

What should I demand ask for tomorrow? Should I try to push for a diagnosis? A working diagnosis? Help?

What can I realistically expect?

Any advice welcome.

cwtch4967 Wed 08-Jun-11 19:59:45

We finally got a diagnosis today for DS 3.9 it took about 18 months from when concerns were first raised. It is a very frustrating process!!! All you can do is push for an appointment, offer to take a cancellation etc. What about SALT or OT have you had referrals?

smugtandemfeeder Wed 08-Jun-11 20:07:51

SALT referral but no appointment. OT I self refferred today as Area SENCo said at our CAF meeting that OT was "only for people who couldnt walk". Idiots.

Cant I push pead to diagnose before the assessment centre?

smugtandemfeeder Wed 08-Jun-11 20:08:24

Congratulations on getting your diagnosis today by the way cwtch!

cwtch4967 Wed 08-Jun-11 20:48:40

No harm in asking about getting an earlier DX - see what they say.

Good luck

xx

smugtandemfeeder Thu 09-Jun-11 09:49:40

Any more advice about what to ask paed?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: