Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Finally got diagnosis today!

(4 Posts)
cwtch4967 Wed 08-Jun-11 19:09:33

Autism and significant learning disabilities - it's been a long time coming and is what we were expecting. I though I would be upset even though I was expecting to hear it but all I felt was relief that the waiting was over. DS is 3.9 and already has a statement, 1 - 1 support in nursery and will be starting at our fab local special school in September. I glad we can now focus on moving forward as a family and doing all we can to ensure DS reaches his full potential.

Al1son Wed 08-Jun-11 19:16:14

There isn't a words which fits what you want to say at a time like this. Congratulations isn't appropriate in so many ways but neither is commiserations. well done for getting here could be the best thing I suppose.

I was very relieved to get DD2's dx of AS a couple of weeks ago, fully expected and fought for but I've still had a few maudlin moments since then when I realised it wasn't going to miraculously go away.

Glad you've got good school provision to look forward to.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 08-Jun-11 19:19:54

(((Hugs))) as promised. Glad you are seeing all the positives of getting a DX. Time for wine !

coff33pot Thu 09-Jun-11 18:01:36

I am glad for you that the waiting game is over and that you can now concentrate and how he fares in life smile Its good that he already has 1 to 1 and a new school lined up. Now you can relax a bit hmmmm ? smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: