Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Yipee!!!!

(4 Posts)
shaz298 Wed 08-Jun-11 14:39:04

As you may or may not know, we give DS real food blended up via his tube instead of the medical formula he is supposed to have. Has been quite stressful getting profs to agree to tolerate this as it's absolutely not the norm

Well we just got the green light to ber able to give Luuk real food via his tube when he's in the hospital!!!! I can't believe it. I'm so pleased he can have his usual diet whilst in hospital smile

I do need to write a letter accepting full responsibility and make and administer the feed which although tiring, will be great.

AND the dietician said she'd checked all my 'recipes' and I was covering all the micro nutrients.....felt really good about that! Protein levels are also great!

Have to give him a bit more, as his BMI has dropped!!! Can't understand that since he's put on more weight in the past couple of months than he did in the whole year before!!! Don't understand. They want me to give him more, I will give him as much as he tolerates!!

All in all fab news xx

proudmum74 Wed 08-Jun-11 14:42:57

That's great news - I'm really pleased for you!!

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 08-Jun-11 18:36:20

fantastic, well done you smile I remember your posts saying how much better he was tolerating the real food, it's good to hear the professionals are listening.

EllenJaneisnotmyname Wed 08-Jun-11 18:53:51

Sounds very positive. Well done, just plump him up some more! BMI centiles vary with age, so it can be quite complex to work out what's going on. Gaining weight is good, has he grown taller?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: