Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

physiotherapist

(5 Posts)
krissz Wed 08-Jun-11 10:39:27

Morning,

I'm a young mum with a boy who has learning difficulties.
Trying to find a good local physio for him once a week or more. Unfortunately it cost a fourtune so, i can not pay £70/hour! Very frustrated!
All i'm asking if anyone know cheaper solution around in South West please write to me.

The other problems a would like to share that i'm lonley and trying to find some other parents with same situation.
I have a little boy nearly two and we didn't go out much nearly a year so, if we are in parks or coffee shops he is stressed because the children voice.
From December we started to join to Small Steps for children with CP.
Only once in a week and taking to swim on Sundays with his dad. Unfortunately i can't drive and it is hard for me to go further.

I hope you could help me with some information.
Many thanks, K

lostsomewere Wed 08-Jun-11 11:01:11

Can you not get physio on the NHS? Have you tried your local sure start centre for playgroups for SN children so you can meet parents in a similar situation. if you are on benefits?? yoir council may do the leisure cards, this will alow you to go swimming for free or heavily discounted.

Homestart are a vountary charity for paretns with a child under five. They will match you up with a volunteer who can support you offering friendship and practical help.

If you are able to provide the area you live in I can have a look for groups and support for you.

krissz Wed 08-Jun-11 11:12:41

First of all thank you for replying...

We have someone to come just once in a month...not enough.
I tried so many centers so far and i couldn't find someone with similar problem or similar age for Leo.

k

yomellamoHelly Wed 08-Jun-11 13:11:13

We're in the same area and pay that. Is very hard to get decent quality help.
You could ask your physio for a programme for you to do by yourself at home and keep up review appointments to ensure it still applies / tweak as necessary - as you pay the same as us I wonder if it's the same place as us -. (Ours did this for use at the two schools he attends/ed.) You could also try Brainwave for a programme you can do every day at home with your ds and supplement this with stuff from the physio if you want to do more. Would have thought Small Steps would also give you plenty of ideas too. (Our ds went there a couple of years ago.) Otherwise are you eligible for portage? Really it's all about incorporating therapy into every little thing you do rather than saying 'right! therapy time!'. Second recommendation for Homestart. Ours has turned out to be ace. There are also mainstream playgroups out there which will be happy to take him. You can apply for funding for a 1:1 for his time there (portage would help) so you get a few hours off (ds2 did 2 mornings of 2.5 hours) for two terms).

justaboutWILLfinishherthesis Wed 08-Jun-11 13:48:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: