Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA helpline- constantly busy

(11 Posts)
Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Mon 06-Jun-11 08:35:57

I've been trying to speak to them for a few days now and every time I call option 4 which is for "anything else" is engaged, regardless of what time of day I try.

Has anyone had any luck speaking to them recently?

rebl Mon 06-Jun-11 08:51:59

I struggled to even get them to send out a form. It was only on the 3rd time of asking that we actually got one.

Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Mon 06-Jun-11 08:58:13

At least I managed that bit Rebl!

smileANDwave2000 Mon 06-Jun-11 09:29:24

can we help you at all Ben10 ? might be something we can answer, ive another suggestion perhaps ring CAB and ask the question via them they may be able to help they fill them out for a lot of people

Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Mon 06-Jun-11 09:31:58

Thanks smile...... unless you know whether reports have been requested from school and paed for our ongoing claim, unfortunately this is something that the lovely MNSN ladies for once cannot help with smile

catherinea1971 Mon 06-Jun-11 10:25:51

Hi Ben10, not sure if it will work with the DLA helpline, but if I have a problem getting through I try a different department and act daft!!! They sometimes put you through to where you need, may be worth a trysmile

Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Mon 06-Jun-11 10:59:21

I love you Catherine!

Was only told that no decision has been taken and no reports have been requested from school or paed yet but at least I don't need to go into my "chasing the SENCO" mode!

Thank you!

catherinea1971 Mon 06-Jun-11 11:09:59

LOL!!! Pleased that it worked, I hate not being able to get through and that tactic has worked for me many times!!!
How long ago did you send in the form? What other info did you send with it?
You never know they may have enough infosmile

Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Mon 06-Jun-11 16:42:21

I sent it a month ago and they sent me a text to say it would be processed in around 38 days. I did send a stack of papers inc 29 pages of answers to the questions on Word, an 18 page OT report, a 6 page vision therapy report and various other appts, confirmation of School Action Plus. Maybe you are right and they don't want anything else on top of that. Will cross my fingers smile

catherinea1971 Mon 06-Jun-11 19:33:14

When I applied they didn't ask for any more info than I sent. Hope they sort it soonsmile

Ben10isthespawnofthedevil Mon 06-Jun-11 20:37:31

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: