Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

1 to 1 funding and nursery fees ?

(10 Posts)
spiritsam Sat 04-Jun-11 12:10:34

Hi all
Can anyone tell me if i still have to pay Nursery Fee's as my DD is just 3 and been awarded 5 hours 1 to 1 for rest of summer .
Thanks x

lisad123 Sat 04-Jun-11 12:27:59

All children get 15 hours nursery free the term after they are three. If you are on certain benefits and in certain situations eg have a caf you get it from 2years 6mobths

spiritsam Sat 04-Jun-11 12:41:21

Hi lisad123 her 15 hours don't start until September i currently fund 2 sessions per week , just wondered as there will be funding in place do i pay ? Probably did not make myself clear smile

dietcokegirl Sat 04-Jun-11 13:19:38

My little man gets 1:1 funding and yes we still have to pay the nursery fees (apart from the 15 hours per week he gets free since he turned 3).

KatyMac Sat 04-Jun-11 13:22:32

I would say so

The 121 is the extra that your DD needs to attend nursery on the same basis as everyone else

In a different world you wouldn't get 121 for free; you would have to pay for that too

spiritsam Sat 04-Jun-11 17:03:45

Ok thanks i just asked as Nursery said about if 1 to 1 came through about not having to pay , i thought it sounded wrong !

lisad123 Sat 04-Jun-11 17:20:46

Well double check as he may be funded under certain rules. Check your LA website on two year funding.

spiritsam Sat 04-Jun-11 17:55:18

Ok thank you will do . x

direlahere Sat 04-Jun-11 20:35:09

Is there a statement of educational need in place naming the nursery?

If there is, it may be like my situation, I took the LA through the complaints process and onto the LGO and there was a finding of maladministration with injustice in relation to delay in making the statement for which a local settlement was put in place which included reimbursement of nursery fees which would have been paid had the statement been provided in the appropriate timescales. Therefore, my understanding is (I am not a legal person) that if the statement names a nursery, the fees should be paid. This is term time only though I think.

I had requested a statutory assessment prior to the age of 2 and the LA should have undertaken an assessment given his age - (my understanding is that if a child is likely to meet the criteria for a statutory assesssment and is under 2 years old, then a LA must undertake an assessment if requested to do so by the parent). There was evidence of my sons' additional needs from a very early age.

Eloise73 Sun 05-Jun-11 15:05:38

Ask your nursery to contact your county's early years service because although we got discretionary funding for 2 hours 1:1 a day our DD's nursery was 3.5 hours so we had a gap of 1.5 hours a session. Luckily our nursery spoke with their early years team and they told them about more discretionary funding the nursery itself could apply for so we didn't actually have to pay anything.

Sometimes these things are out there but we or the setting itself might not know about it. Always worth asking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now